If you love banana and chocolate, you’ll love Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies. With banana flavoured batter and ooey gooey chocolate chips, these blondies are undeniably delicious.
Bananas are a huge hit in our house. Even without chocolate chips, it’s hard to resist this creamy, yellow fruit. I may even enjoy the odd one before it’s fully ripe. What can I say? I love bananas! When they’re mashed into blondie batter, this sweet fruit becomes an even sweeter dessert. Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies taste like a cross between your favourite blondie and banana bread, with a sprinkle of perfectly melted chocolate chips throughout.
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies are truly delicious! The combination of banana, apple sauce, Greek yogurt, and egg whites create a luscious batter that’s thick and chewy. With a perfectly soft-baked consistency, how can you eat just one?
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies are super easy to make. With a few basic ingredients, you can enjoy your own batch of these yummy-licious bars. If chocolate isn’t your thing, simply substitute the chocolate chips with your favourite chopped nuts or dried fruit. Any way you prepare them, Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies will be delicious.
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies are truly a delectable treat. Chewy, gooey, with banana-chocolate goodness. Yum!
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies
Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies are truly yummy-licious! With thick, soft-baked, banana-flavoured batter and ooey gooey chocolate chips, these bars are banana-chocolate perfection.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup banana, mashed (2 – 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine, banana, apple sauce, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love banana and chocolate, you may also enjoy Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Cake
If you love blondies, you may also enjoy Campfire Blondies
Have you tried Banana Chocolate Chip Blondies? Do you love bananas as much as I do? What’s your favourite way to enjoy bananas?