Graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows are a perfect blondie combination.
As someone who went to camp for many years, I love the sounds, the smells, and even the tastes of camp. This summer, I feel like one lucky mama. I get to be a camper again! Me and my toddler daughter are doing a mom and tot camp at a local day camp.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
It’s surreal to be back at camp. It looks and even smells like the summers of my childhood. This time, it is a whole other level of fun – sharing these experiences with my daughter and seeing it through her eyes is truly unbelievable. With my daughter, I get to experience it all like it’s my first time.
Inspired by all the fun we’ve been having over the last few weeks, I decided to whip up these super simple, super yummy Campfire Blondies. These treats truly taste like camp. They’re ooey, gooey and totally comforting. With every bite I can almost hear the campfire embers popping and smell the hint of musky smoke and pine needles in the air.
Unlike some of my other recipes, these blondies aren’t ultra low fat, but they are definitely a little lower in fat. There are no egg yolks or butter in this recipe. Instead, there are egg whites, apple sauce, and vanilla flavoured fat free Greek yogurt. Aside from all that, these are truly yummy!
One Campfire Blondie just isn’t enough. With the gooey taste of chocolate and marshmallows, you just want another and another. And maybe a tall glass of milk, too. (What can I say? I’m totally embracing my “summertime child” self.)Print
Ooey gooey chocolate chips and melt in your mouth marshmallows, make these Campfire Blondies an instant summer hit. You’ll love these summer sweets. Share them with family and friends and make some fun-filled summertime memories.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 12 blondies 1x
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 3 tablespoons fat free vanilla flavoured Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- Add graham crackers to food processor. Process until crackers are completely crumbled.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, graham crackers, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, and yogurt. Add to flour mixture. Gently stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love the combination of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows, you may also enjoy S’mores Bites
If you love blondies, you may also enjoy Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Blondies
Have you tried Campfire Blondies? What’s your favourite summertime or camp memory?
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!