Indulge in burgers that are so juicy, they’ll make you want to skip the drive-through and have a delicious dinner at home instead. They’re fresh, tasty and stuffed with cheese. Best of all, these Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers are made with five ingredients and they’re ready in only 15 minutes. Plus, they’re made without egg or breadcrumbs, so all you taste is pure cheesy burger goodness.
When it’s dinnertime, there’s nothing quite like a fresh and juicy hamburger. And when it’s a cheese burger, it’s even harder to beat. But this cheese burger is unbeatable. Instead of the cheese just resting on top of your burger, it is actually cooked inside. So, it’s tastier than ever.
Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers are a breeze to make. You only need five simple ingredients – lean ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and of course cheddar cheese.
From start to finish, you can have these burgers on the table in just 15 minutes. So, it’s perfect for weeknights or easy entertaining. It takes about the same amount of time as the frozen varieties, but it tastes so much better.
Before you know it, dinner is done. And everyone will be raving about how tasty these hamburgers are. You can serve them with salad, roasted vegetables, fries, or any of your favorite sides.
If you love easy and delicious homemade meals, check out these other tasty dishes, Easy Black Bean and Beef Tacos, Perfect Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, Sweet BBQ Rubbed Salmon, and Skillet Tortellini with Sausage.
What’s a Cheese Stuffed Hamburger?
Simply put, Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers are juicy burgers with gooey, delicious cheese inside. And the taste is oh, so good! Sure, you could just make a cheeseburger, and add a slice of cheese on top. But something amazing happens when the cheese is cooked right in the middle of the patty.
As the Cheese Stuffed Hamburger cooks, the cheese inside melts, filling your patty with a core of gooey delight. The cheese flavor blends with the beef, creating a seriously tasty combination. Each bite is filled with meatiness and creaminess, that’s unforgettable.
And if you love the classic cheese burger, you can still add cheese on top. With a perfectly melted cheese in the middle and some on top, your buger will be extra cheesy.
Where do Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers come from?
The cheeseburger has quite a long past. It all starts with the hamburger itself. In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, German immigrants brought the “Hamburg steak” to America. They mixed seasonings with ground beef, creating a dish like today’s hamburger patty.
But, it took some time for cheesy part to catch on. The classic cheeseburger is often credited to Lionel Sternberger. In the 1920s, Sternberger worked at his father’s California sandwich shop, The Rite Spot. And he had the brilliant idea to place a slice of American cheese on a hamburger patty. People loved it, and the cheeseburger took off.
Meanwhile, in Minnesota, the “Jucy Lucy” was born. A Juicy Lucy is a type of cheeseburger. The cheese is placed inside the patty, so there’s a gooey, cheesy surprise inside.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Cheese stuffed hamburgers quickly spread. Nowadays, you can find them on menus across the United States, Canada, and in other parts of the world.
Burgers are always evolving. Whether you enjoy it in its classic form or with a tasty fillings, it’s sure to be a delicious treat.
What’s the best cheese to put inside the hamburger?
Choosing the right cheese for your Cheese Stuffed Hamburger can influence the taste and texture of your burger. It can give your burger a timeless, comforting taste or introduce new flavors.
Here are a few tasty cheese options:
- Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar is a classic choice. It melts easily and has a strong, tasty flavor. You can choose from mild to sharp based on how much flavor you want.
- American Cheese: Known for its smooth, creamy taste, American cheese is often used in cheeseburgers.
- Swiss Cheese: With a slightly nutty taste, Swiss cheese melts easily and complements the burger flavor.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: If you like a little kick of heat, try some Pepper Jack cheese. It’s Monterey Jack cheese with spicy peppers, adding some spiciness to your burger.
- Blue Cheese: With a strong, bold flavor, Blue cheese gives your burger that gourmet touch. Just be ready for a burst of intense taste.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Famous for its melty, mild taste, Mozzarella lets the other burger ingredients shine.
- Gouda Cheese: With a sweet and nutty flavor, Gouda gives your burger a creamy cheesey center.
- Brie Cheese: Soft, creamy, and filled with a buttery taste, Brie adds a rich and luxurious touch to your burger. And gives it a super creamy center.
The best cheese really depends on what you like and what kind of burger you want. You can try different cheeses, or even create unique flavors by mixing them.
How do you keep a stuffed burger from falling apart?
What makes a Cheese Stuffed Burger extra special is the gooey cheese in the middle. And since no one wants their patty to fall apart while it’s cooking. Here are some tips to help you keep your stuffed burgers together:
- Make Two Thin Patties: Instead of forming one thick patty, create two thinner ones for each burger. Place your cheese filling on one patty and then seal it with the other. Crimp the edges well to ensure the cheese stays inside. And flip it over to make sure that all of the sides as well sealed.
- Keep the Cheese Inside: Make sure the cheese is fully enclosed within the meat. Check for any gaps or openings and press the edges of the patties together.
- Gentle Handling: Be gentle when flipping the burgers. Use a spatula and turn them carefully to avoid squeezing out the cheese.
- Cooking Method: Use a flat-top griddle or skillet. This gives you more controlled cooking and helps keep the cheese inside.
- Cooking Temperature: Cook your stuffed burgers over a medium heat rather than a high heat. This lets the meat cook evenly and reduces the chances of the burger falling apart.
- Rest Before Serving: Let your stuffed burger rest for a few minutes after cooking. This way the juices can redistribute. And it helps keep the cheese from oozing out when you take your first bite.
The Tasty Ingredients in Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
When you’re making burgers, the key is to keep it simple. You don’t need to use eggs or breadcrumbs. All you need is to give your meat some great flavor, and, of course, stuff it with delicious cheese.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make juicy Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers:
- Lean Ground Beef: Get lean ground beef. If you want leaner burgers, choose beef that’s 90 to 95 percent lean. If you want juicier burgers, go for beef that’s 80 to 85 percent lean.
- Worcestershire Sauce: A little bit of Worcestershire sauce can give your burger a deep, meaty flavor.
- Dijon Mustard: Just one tablespoon of Dijon mustard adds a tangy kick and loads of flavor to your burgers.
- Garlic Powder: A bit of garlic powder goes a long way in making your burgers more flavorful.
- Cheddar Cheese: This is what makes your burger “cheese-stuffed.” Whether you choose mild or sharp, cheddar cheese gives your burger a creamy, cheesy taste.
- Salt and Pepper: Enhance your burger’s flavors with some salt and pepper.
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
Enjoy the incredible taste of cheese-stuffed hamburgers all year round. You can cook these on a pan for a quick and delightful meal.
Best of all, you can prepare these delicious burgers in just five simple steps and in only 15 minutes. Talk about quick and tasty fast food right in your home.
So, let’s get started!
STEP 1: MIX THE PATTY INGREDIENTS
It all begins with making the perfect patty mixture. And it’s simpler than you think.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Gently mix everything together until it’s well combined. But, avoid overmixing – just blend it enough for a great patty mixture.
STEP 2: SHAPE THE PATTIES
Next, it’s time to shape those delicious cheese-stuffed patties. Divide the patty mixture into eight equal portions. Then, shape each portion into a patty. Try to keep them as uniform as possible for even cooking.
STEP 3: ADD THE CHEESE
Now, it’s time to get cheesy, in the best way. Take four of the patties and place about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese in the center. Try to keep it all in the middle. This adds the delicious cheesy surprise to your burgers.
STEP 4: SEAL THE BURGERS
Place one remaining patty on top of each cheese-topped patty. Press the edges together to create a seal that keeps the cheese securely inside. Carefully flip the patty over to make sure that the sides are well sealed.
STEP 5: COOK TO PERFECTION
Let’s cook those mouthwatering cheese stuffed hamburgers. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add a touch of non-stick cooking spray. Cook the burgers for approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side. Keep cooking until the internal temperature reaches a safe 160°F (71°C).
During cooking, resist the urge to press down on the patties. Pressing them won’t speed up the process – it might cause the burgers to lose their natural juices. Or, it may cause the cheese to come out.
You want to keep those flavors in. When the burgers are done, let them rest for a couple minutes. And you’ll have juicy and delicious cheese stuffed hamburgers ready to enjoy!
Delicious cheese stuffed burger toppings
You can eat a Cheese Stuffed Burgers on other own, in a bun, or even a lettuce bun. But, you can also add more flavor with a variety of toppings.
Here are some burger toppings that you can try:
- Veggies/Fruit: Start with fresh veggies like lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. They add a classic fresh crunch. You can also add options like pickles, avocado, arugula, or spinach. Or you can try cooked veggies like caramelized onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, and zucchini.
- Sauces: Classic sauces like ketchup, mustard, and mayo work well. You can also try other sauces like barbecue sauce, sriracha mayo, chimichurri sauce, pesto, salsa, or pico de gallo.
- Bacon: With a smoky crunch, bacon complements the smooth cheese and tender meat.
- Egg: A fried egg with a runny yolk gives your burger a velvety texture and a burst of flavor.
- Bold Cheeses: You can try blue cheese, goat cheese, or brie for exciting and bold flavors.
You can mix and match these toppings to create your perfect Cheese Stuffed Hamburger. Whether you prefer classic pairings or new flavors, these toppings can make your burger a mouthwatering meal.
sides to enjoy with Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers
When it comes to sides, there’s a world of tasty options. If you love that classic burger experience, you can’t go wrong with fries or potato wedges. You can use regular potatoes or even sweet potatoes. They’re a perfect match for your burger.
For a satisfying crunch, onion rings are a tasty choice. They’re crispy on the outside and flavorful on the inside. (You can even add one as a topping for your Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers)
When it comes to veggies, corn on the cob is a tasty choice. You can also try roasted green beans or grilled veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, and mushrooms. It brings a smoky and charred flavor that complements the cheesy burger.
If you’re in the mood for something lighter, you can serve a fresh salad filled with greens and veggies, all tossed with a tasty dressing. When it comes to dressings, you can try Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing, Light and Creamy Balsamic, and Greek Salad Dressing. Its crispness goes perfectly with the heartiness of the burger.
There are so many sides to choose from, whether you choose potatoes, cooked veggies, or even a light salad, you can’t go wrong. Just picky your favorites and enjoy a delicious meal.
What can you do with Leftover Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers?
Don’t throw away those leftover Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers. Instead, turn them into another tasty meal. You can create something different and absolutely delicious.
First, it’s important to store your leftovers properly. Once your burgers have cooled down, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate them. They’ll stay fresh for three to four days. If you want to keep them longer, freezing is an option. Cooked burgers can be frozen for up to four months. Remember to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before use.
Now, let’s get creative with those leftovers. You can make:
- Burger Tacos: Crumble the burger patties and use them as filling for taco shells. Add your preferred toppings like lettuce, cheese, and salsa for a taco twist.
- Burger Pizza: Crumble the burgers onto pizza dough, add tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings. You’ll have a burger-infused pizza that’s sure to be a hit.
- Cobb-Style Burger Salad: Toss crumbled burgers with mixed greens, diced bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, and crumbled blue cheese. Serve with a classic vinaigrette or ranch dressing.
There are so many tasty ways to use leftover burgers. Enjoy the deliciousness of your Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers in an amazing new way!
When you make Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers, add a comment below and give it a star rating! I love hearing how much your family enjoys these meals.
HUNGRY FOR MORE QUICK & EASY RECIPES?
Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers (5 Ingredients Recipe)
Delicious, juicy, and full of flavor, Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers will have you skipping the drive through and heading home for a tasty dinner instead.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Serve with: 4 hamburger buns or lettuce wraps.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Divide into eight portions and form each one into a patty shape.
- In four of the patties, add 2 tablespoons of cheese to the middle.
- Top with another patty and press the sides to seal together.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add non-stick cooking spray and cook burgers for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Cook until an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 263.6kcal
- Sugar: 0.54g
- Sodium: 542.67mg
- Fat: 16.18g
- Saturated Fat: 7.13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.14g
- Trans Fat: 0.74g
- Carbohydrates: 1.86g
- Fiber: 0.23g
- Protein: 26.14g
- Cholesterol: 87.7mg
Keywords: easy homemade hamburgers, 5 ingredients homemade hamburgers
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!