Decadently chocolatey brownies that are sweet, satisfying, and filled with a wonderful peanut butter flavour. To increase the peanut butter taste, each bite is topped with a peanut butter frosting. Yum!
There’s something about the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. It’s creamy, decadent, and always hits the spot.
We’ve all been there. The day is going along normally and then it happens – BAM – you’re hit with an undeniable chocolate craving. You can ignore it, but it just keeps coming back.
This is where Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites come in. Each bite is jam-packed with melt in your mouth chocolatey peanut butter goodness. With lightly sweetened chocolate peanut butter batter and ooey gooey chocolate chips, you can eat away your chocolate craving in just two bites. Or savour it and nibble your way through. However you decide to enjoy it, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are simply delicious.
The combination of cocoa powder, peanut butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, Greek yogurt, and milk creates a perfectly creamy, lightly sweetened batter, full of heavenly chocolatey flavour. The chocolate chips amplify the chocolate flavour, creating a truly perfect bite.
Not only are these brownies bite-sized, but they are truly guilt-free. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are low fat and lower in sugar than most brownie recipes. Most of the brown sugar is replaced with maple syrup, which is lower in calories and has less sugar per gram than refined sugars. Real maple syrup is perfectly sweet, you won’t taste the difference.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are quickly becoming one of our family’s favourite desserts. They are the perfect size for everyone. Even my four-year-old daughter has been melting over these mini treats.
What are you waiting for? I think I hear chocolate and peanut butter calling your name! It’s definitely calling mine.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
These bite-sized snacks are packed full of flavour. Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites are an irresistible, guilt-free treat. They are melt in your mouth delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 24 Brownies 1x
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BITES
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vanilla fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
- 1/3 cup vanilla fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine syrup, yogurt, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat non-stick mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon brownie mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- To prepare peanut butter frosting: combine yogurt, peanut butter, cream cheese, and syrup in a small bowl.
- When cooled, frost bites with frosting.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love peanut butter, you may also enjoy Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
If you love chocolate, you may also enjoy Maple Cheesecake Brownies
Do you enjoy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites? What’s your favourite way to treat your chocolate cravings?