Lightly spicy, Tex-Mex flavoured tomato sauce topped with diced avocado.
When I was fighting a cold last week, this pasta actually made me feel better. I don’t know if it was the comforting carbs, the spices, or the healthy sauce, but after eating a bowl of this pasta, my sore throat was gone and I just felt better.
There’s something about the combination of tomatoes, onions, and avocados, which is such a feel good. Not to mention, tomatoes are filled with Vitamin C, onions are a great immune boosting food, and avocados are a cold remedy fruit. The spice from red pepper flakes can also help relieve the symptoms of congestion. Delicious and cold fighting, this may be my new favourite sauce.
Creamy Avocado Tomato Sauce is a tasty spin on a classic tomato sauce. With pops of avocado and red pepper flakes, this sauce has an unexpected exotic flavour.
With a lightly creamy base, Creamy Avocado Tomato Sauce sauce tastes like a combination of Italian and Tex-Mex flavours. Avocados and milk add a creamy base for this tomato sauce, while the red pepper flakes add a real pop of flavour.
Balsamic vinegar is the little secret in this sauce. It kicks the whole sauce up a notch, adding a boost of flavour that’s almost unexpected. The light balsamic zing is amplified by the red pepper flakes. Adding in milk and avocados calms some of the bite of the spice, while also adding a wonderful Tex-Mex flavour.
Indulge in a bowl of some feel good, tasty pasta. It’s easy to make and it’s ready in under 20 minutes. Hooray!Print
Creamy Avocado Tomato Sauce
If you love creamy pasta sauce, you’ll love Creamy Avocado Tomato Sauce. With a mix of Italian and Tex-Mex flavours, this healthy pasta dish is sure to please.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 to 5 1x
- 1 package pasta
- 1 (28 ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 avocados (plus 1 for a garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes, cook for 3 minutes. Stir in garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and sugar, simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in balsamic vinegar and avocados. Using a hand blender, puree pasta sauce. Alternatively, you can carefully pour sauce into a food processor.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce. Toss to cover.
- Plate and top with diced avocados. Enjoy!
Have you tried Creamy Avocado Tomato Sauce? What’s your favourite pasta dish?