Greek salad tossed with a rich and creamy Greek yogurt salad dressing, made without oil, cream or mayonnaise.
I love salads. When they’re well prepared, they make one amazing meal. With veggies, a creamy yogurt dressing and a little cheese on top, you have a delicious meal that you can actually feel good about.
Indulge in a creamy salad without worrying about fat or calories. With a creamy and lightly tart yogurt salad dressing, crisp veggies, and some light feta cheese, you can enjoy all the flavours of your favourite Greek salad without any of the guilt.
The combination of Greek yogurt, red wine vinegar, milk, garlic, oregano, Dijon mustard and dill creates a rich, perfectly flavoured Greek salad dressing. Using Greek yogurt for Greek salad is simply perfect. Not only is yogurt rich and naturally creamy, it seamlessly replaces cream, mayonnaise or oil in classic Greek salad dressings.
The remainder of the ingredients create that undeniable Greek style flavours. Red wine vinegar beautifully complements the rich yogurt texture and adds a light tart taste. Milk helps to thin the dressing while adding to the dressing’s creaminess. The combination of garlic, oregano and dill add a spice profile that often flavours Greek cuisine. Finally, Dijon mustard adds a pop of flavour that rounds out the rest of the dressing.
Creamy Greek Salad
A rich and creamy Greek yogurt salad dressing made without cream, oil or mayonnaise. Creamy Greek Salad has all the flavours of your favourite Greek salad dressing, without the excess fat. This healthy dressing is perfect for any salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- GREEK SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1/4 cup low fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, thinly sliced
- CREAMY GREEK DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill, dried
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, red wine vinegar, milk, garlic, oregano, Dijon mustard and dill. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. Toss with creamy balsamic dressing. Top with feta cheese.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Avocado Caesar Salad
Do you love fresh salads? Have you tried Creamy Greek Salad?