You’re going to love this super easy recipe for baked Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon. With only five ingredients, this dish is perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining weekends. You won’t be able to resist the mouthwatering flavors of this creamy and savory baked salmon dish.
When life is busy, finding a dinner that’s quick, easy, and delicious is key. And when it comes to easy dinners, salmon is always a go-to option.
Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon is simple to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Simply combine maple syrup, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and dill to make a sauce that’s so perfect for salmon. Once it’s coated, pop it into the oven for just 10 minutes and voila! A perfectly cooked meal that’s sure to impress.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Not only is Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon a breeze to make, but it’s also a surefire crowd-pleaser. And if you have leftovers, you can enjoy them hot or cold the next day.
Never Cooked With Salmon?
Salmon is a tried and true seafood dish that’s incredibly easy to prepare, making it the perfect go-to dish for any day of the week.
When it comes to taste, salmon is known for its mild flavor and meaty texture. It’s packed with nutrients and it’s an ideal base for a variety of sauces and seasonings, including honey mustard, herb and garlic, and dill.
As a lean protein, it doesn’t take much effort to turn it into a delicious dinner that’s both healthy and satisfying. This super simple dish is sure to please!
How to Buy the Best Salmon
From the supermarket to the fishmonger, salmon is pretty much everywhere these days. Here are some simple tips for buying the best salmon:
- Smell: Always check for a fishy smell. Fresh salmon should never have a fishy odor.
- Appearance: Look for a moist fish. This is an excellent indicator of freshness. Avoid fish that appear dried out or have brown spots or bruises.
- Color: Choose a bright-colored salmon, but keep in mind that different types of salmon naturally have different shades of color.
- Packaging: If buying pre-packaged salmon, make sure that it’s tightly sealed and has no open areas. Check the label and avoid salmon that says “color-added” or has too many listed ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon
Creamy maple mustard salmon is a mouth-watering dish that combines the rich, buttery flavor of salmon with the tangy taste of mustard and the sweetness of maple syrup. The combination of these flavors creates a unique taste that’s sure to delight your tastebuds.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
This easy dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner, a special occasion, or even a dinner party. Best of all, it’s made with only a handful of ingredients and can be ready in less than 20 minutes. Let’s get started!
- Salmon: a super nutritious food that’s delicious and super versatile! With its rich and buttery flavor, salmon is the perfect match for a variety of ingredients, and you can cook it in so many different ways.
- Maple syrup: a perfect pairing with salmon. It complements the fish’s natural rich and buttery flavor and adds a touch of sweetness.
- Dijon mustard: its sharp, tangy flavor perfectly complements the rich and buttery taste of the fish. It adds a depth of flavor and balances the taste of the salmon, making it a great addition for those who may find the fish too heavy on its own.
- Mayonnaise: helps keep the salmon moist while cooking and adds a creamy texture to the dish. Mayonnaise also adds a creaminess to the marinade, making the sauce richer and even more delicious.
- Dill: a versatile and delicious herb that can elevate any salmon dish. Its fresh and bright flavor adds depth and complexity to the fish, making it a perfect pairing.
- Salt: a flavor enhancer that you can always adjust to taste. If you are going to taste the sauce, always taste it before adding it to the salmon.
What Type of Maple Syrup is best for baked salmon?
When you go to the grocery store, you may find that there are a lot of different varieties of maple syrups. But not all of them are created equally. There’s one that’s actually tastier, healthier, and even more delicious.
So, if you’re trying to decide which one is best, the answer is simple – it’s pure maple syrup.
Pure maple syrup contains natural sugars and flavors that enhance the taste of baked fish, or any dish. As a natural sweetener, pure maple also contains antioxidants and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
Fake or imitation syrup is often made with high-fructose corn syrup and artificial flavorings, making it less tasty and less healthy than pure maple syrup.
When it comes to pairing with salmon, pure maple syrup is the always the best choice. Its natural sweetness and rich flavor profile create a delicious and satisfying combination that’s sure to impress.
HOW TO MAKE Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or a special weekend meal, salmon is a go-to choice. Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon is made with just 5 ingredients and you can throw together this tasty meal in under 20 minutes.
So let’s get started!
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C).
Baking salmon at 425°F is a game-changer! If you haven’t tried it before, you’re in for a treat. This high-temperature method keeps the fish tender and juicy, without any dryness. And the best part, your dinner will be ready even faster. It’s a definite win-win!
STEP 2: Make the Sauce
The combination of tangy mustard and sweet maple syrup creates a delicious sauce that’s perfect for the rich, buttery salmon. The addition of mayonnaise adds a creaminess that makes the dish even more delicious. And the dill rounds off the sauce, making it oh so tasty.
When it comes to making the sauce, it all comes together so easily. Simply use a small bowl and add all of the sauce ingredients: pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, light mayonnaise, dill weed, and salt. And just mix until it is well combined.
STEP 3: COVER
Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Pour the sauce evenly over the salmon.
STEP 4: Bake
Now comes the easy part. Bake the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes or until it’s fully cooked and flakes easily with a fork. It’s recommended to cook until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C).
You did it! Dinner is done and your Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon is ready to eat and enjoy. Whether you enjoy it with roasted vegetables, potatoes, salad, or rice, this dish is sure to impress.
can you freeze Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon?
Of course! In fact, if you’re new to freezer meals, Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon is a great one to start with.
Preparing salmon for freezing is a breeze! Simply start by placing the salmon in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Evenly cover it with the creamy maple mustard sauce and freeze it for up to three months.
When you’re ready to cook, simply defrost the frozen salmon in the refrigerator overnight and remove the plastic wrap before baking it in the oven. Once it’s cooked, you’ll have a scrumptious and delicious meal that the whole family can enjoy!
How to store leftover Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon
If you happen to have leftover Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon, you can store it and enjoy it later! But, it’s important to remember that salmon has a relatively short shelf life.
Cooked salmon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. You can use an airtight container or a sealable bag. If you’re using a bag, press out as much air as possible to prevent the salmon from drying out.
If you have a lot of leftover salmon that you don’t think you’ll be able to eat within a few days, you can also freeze it for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, simply defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven or microwave.
When you’re reheating leftover salmon, it’s best to do so gently. You don’t want it to get too dry and overcooked. If you are reheating in the oven, always use a low temperature. And if you are using a microwave, you can use a lower power setting.
Whether you are preparing it as a freezer meal or cooking it fresh, Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon is a quick, easy, and flavorful dish that’s perfect for any occasion. So, the next time you are looking for a tasty and nutritious dinner option, give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon (5 Ingredients Recipe)
You’re going to love this super easy recipe for baked Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon. With just 5 ingredients, you have a simple and delicious meal that perfect for any day of the week.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 1 pound salmon, fillets
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, dill, and salt to make creamy maple mustard sauce.
- Place salmon on a parchment covered baking sheet. Spoon creamy maple mustard sauce evenly over salmon, covering top and sides.
- Bake salmon for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C).
- Five Ingredients Recipes: For the five ingredients recipes, salt is not counted in the five ingredients count. Salt is a kitchen staple and you likely won’t need to buy them for this recipe and you can always adjust it to taste.
- Salmon Cooking Temperature: When it comes to cooking fish, there are a lot of different recommendations. The Government of Canada recommends cooking until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C), while the USDA recommends an internal temperature of 145°F (62.8°C). Some people find that at these temperatures, the fish is too well done or overcooked. This is because when you remove the fish from the oven, the internal temperature continues to rise, which can result in overcooked fish. You can help to avoid this by waiting five minutes after removing the fish from oven to check its temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 248.35kcal
- Sugar: 5.99g
- Sodium: 416.7mg
- Fat: 14.31g
- Saturated Fat: 2.25g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.72g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7.08g
- Fiber: 0.16g
- Protein: 23.11g
- Cholesterol: 70.43mg
Keywords: easy baked salmon, roasted salmon dinner, 5 ingredients salmon recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!