Easy Asian Chicken is one of my favorite dishes to make because it’s so easy and only requires a few ingredients. You can throw it together in under 5 minutes. And in 20 more minutes, dinner is ready and you can enjoy a flavorful and juicy chicken dish.
Easy Asian Chicken is as tasty as it is simple to make. There’s no need for complicated cooking or endless ingredient lists. This dish is all about keeping it simple, so you can have dinner on the table quickly and easily.
You’ll be amazed at how quickly it comes together, especially since it’s made with only 5 ingredients: chicken breasts, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic. It’s like your favorite takeout, but made effortlessly at home.
It’s also super versatile—you can serve this with rice or noodles for an Asian-inspired meal or add it to a salad for a wonderfully tasty and healthy meal. Or enjoy it with some roasted or steams veggies, like broccoli, cauliflower, crunchy green beans, or zucchini.
Easy Asian Chicken is perfect for busy weeknights – delivering big flavors without the big hassle. Get ready to dive into a dish that’s as easy as it is delicious.
My family just loves baked chicken. It’s so easy prepare and pop in the oven to bake. And it’s always so juicy and flavorful.
If you love chicken as well, check out other tasty chicken recipes like Easy Bruschetta Chicken, Smoky Baked Chicken Breasts, Baked BBQ Chicken, Tuscan Baked Chicken, Creamy Cheesy Chicken,and Baked Chicken Parmesan.
HOW TO Cook Moist CHICKEN BREASTS
There are many different ways to bake chicken breasts. If you want a tasty chicken dinner, the most important thing is to not overcook it. You don’t want to end up with a tough, dry piece of meat that’s too hard to eat.
Here are some tips for making juicy, delicious chicken breasts:
- Marinades help to flavor the chicken, but they also keep the chicken tender and moist. Simply marinating your chicken for 15 to 30 minutes before cooking can help to prevent it from drying out while cooking. You can even marinate it for up to 24 hours in the fridge. But make sure not to marinate it for more than 48 hours because the chicken can become too soft and mushy.
- Cook at a high temperature for shorter time to keep the chicken breasts juicy. It helps the chicken develop a crispier crust on the outside, which locks in the natural juices and helps to prevent it from drying out.
- Let chicken rest for a couple minutes before serving. Just waiting 2 to 3 minutes is long enough. This helps the chicken hold in more of its natural juices,
Is this Chicken Dish Gluten Free?
In one word, YES! Easy Asian Chicken can be gluten free. The only ingredient that may contain gluten is soy sauce. As long as you prepare this recipe with a gluten free soy sauce, the dish will be gluten free.
Can You Use a Different Cut of Chicken?
Absolutely! Easy Asian Chicken can be prepared with any type of chicken: bone-in or boneless.
If you’re using chicken drumsticks or thighs the baking time will be longer. These cuts of chicken will need to bake for 34 to 40 minutes at 425°F (230°C).
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Whichever cut of chicken you use, always make sure that you cook it until the recommended internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Can You Make Easy Asian Chicken as a Freezer Meal
Easy Asian Chicken makes a fantastic freezable chicken meal. In fact, it comes together really easily.
Simply, add the uncooked chicken breasts to a 1 gallon sized freezer bag and cover with the sauce. Make sure that the chicken is evenly covered with the sauce before zipping up the bag.
To avoid any freezer burn, remove as much air as possible before sealing. To do this, close the zipper about 80% and let out more air through the barely open section before closing it and putting it in the freezer.
You can freeze Easy Asian Chicken for up to 6 months. And when you want to cook it, simply defrost your chicken in the fridge overnight before baking.
Chicken recipes are often more flavorful when frozen because they can marinate in the sauce as they defrost in the fridge overnight. Marinating overnight allows the dish to absorb more flavor before cooking. How great is that!
Having freezer-friendly options is a real game-changer, especially on those busy days when cooking dinner seems like a challenge. With freezer meals like Easy Asian Chicken ready to go, you can breeze through dinner prep with homemade goodness even on the busiest evenings.
If you’re new to the world of freezer cooking, don’t worry – it’s simpler than you might think! And if you’re looking to make things even smoother, there’s a secret weapon – Meals in Minutes. This incredible resource comes packed with meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more.
Meals in Minutes is your guide to making three months’ worth of delightful family-friendly dinners. It’s like having your own kitchen assistant for creating a feast of Easy Asian Chicken and more. With freezer meals on hand, dinnertime is easier than ever!
Ingredients for Easy Asian Chicken
Get ready to enjoy a quick, easy, and truly yummy! This recipe is all about making something tasty without any fuss. You only need a few ingredients to create this deliciousness.
Let’s start cooking!
- Chicken breasts – Go for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. They’re easy to make and with the right sauce and seasoning, it’s truly delicious.
- Soy sauce – Get ready to infuse your chicken with a rich umami flavor. Soy sauce adds that rich, savory flavor to the dish.
- Garlic cloves – Introduce a touch of aromatic magic with garlic cloves. These little gems make the chicken even more delicious.
- Brown sugar – Add a hint of sweetness with brown sugar. It helps balance the flavors and adds a subtle caramelized taste to the dish.
- Ground ginger – Add an extra flavor kick with ground ginger. It’s like a secret ingredient that makes the dish really tasty.
How to Make Easy Asian Chicken
This tasty baked chicken dish is as easy as it is delicious. And it’s made in only 5 simple steps. You have to love a meal that is as easy as it is delicious!
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C)
If you don’t usually bake your chicken at 425°F, you are going to love it. When chicken breasts cooks at a higher temperature it keeps it juicy and it gets dinner on to your even table faster.
STEP 2: MAKE THE Sauce
The sauce for this recipe is made with only 4 ingredients. The last ingredient, sesame seeds is optional. If you want to add the seeds to the sauce, it adds a lightly nutty flavor and a light crunch to your chicken. But even without it, you’ll end up with one tasty dish. Seriously, the sauce is so yummy, my family wanted to drink it up!
To make the sauce, simply combine soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and ground ginger in a small bowl. And it’s just that simple. Don’t you just love when delicious dinners are that easy to prepare.
STEP 3: Flavor the Chicken
If you are marinading the chicken before baking, add the chicken to a large bowl, container, or one gallon freezer bag. Pour the marinade over top. Cover the chicken with a lid, plastic wrap, or close the freezer bag. And marinade the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to 24 hours before baking.
When you are ready to bake the chicken, add the chicken breasts to a parchment covered baking sheet. Cover the chicken breasts evenly with the sauce.
We have prepared Easy Asian Chicken with and without marinating and it is tasty both ways. When you marinade it, the chicken becomes more flavorful because the sauce flavors the inside of the meat. Without marinating, the flavoring is mainly on the outside of the chicken. Either way, Easy Asian Chicken is always a tasty dish!
STEP 4: BAKE
One of the things that makes Easy Asian Chicken such a simple dish is how quickly it bakes. Simply pop it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. When it’s done, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer. Chicken is safe to eat when its internal temperature is 165°F (74°C).
STEP 5: REST
Before you serve the chicken, let it rest. If you cut in right away, it will lose some of its natural juices and tender texture. Letting it rest for even 3 minutes before serving helps to lock in some of its juices, so you end up with delicious backed chicken.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN CHICKEN IS READY?
When your Easy Asian Chicken Breasts are finished cooking, you’ll want to make sure that it is fully cooked and safe to eat. The best way to do this is by using a meat thermometer. Simply insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. The recommended internal temperature of chicken is 165°F (74°C).
What can you serve with Easy Asian Chicken?
When you’re making tasty chicken dishes like Easy Asian Chicken, there are so many delicious options for sides.
Of course, steamed rice is a natural choice. It’s like a blank canvas that lets the vibrant Asian flavors of the chicken take center stage. But if you want to give your rice even more flavor, you can serve it with fried rice (like Salmon Fried Rice) or you can also make fried noodles (like Garlic Asian Noodles).
If you’re looking for a burst of color and freshness, stir-fried veggies are a tasty option. With a mix of broccoli, bell peppers, and snap peas, it’s a tasty side for your chicken. Alternatively you can steam or roast veggies like bok choy or broccoli.
Now, for a crispy indulgence, crispy egg rolls are a perfect option. With their satisfying crunch and savory fillings, they create an exciting contrast to the tender chicken.
If you’re craving something with a touch of zest, Asian slaw is always a tasty choice. Shredded cabbage and carrots dressed in a tangy sesame dressing bring a delightful crunch to each bite, perfectly complementing the juicy chicken.
So there you have it – a selection of delicious sidekick options for your Easy Asian Chicken. Mix and match, take your pick, and make every bite a truly tasty one!
HOW TO STORE Cooked CHICKEN
When your Easy Asian Chicken is cooked and cooled, you can store any leftovers in fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. If your family is anything like mine, leftover chicken never seems to last that long.
You can enjoy any leftovers hot or cold. If you plan on reheating it, you can use a microwave. Simply cover it with either a microwave-safe lid or another plate and heat your chicken until it is just heated through. You want to make sure that you don’t overcook and dry out your meal.
Whether you enjoy it fresh out of the oven or even the next day, Easy Asian Chicken is always a hit! I always love to hear how much your family enjoys it too.
what can you do with leftover easy asian chicken?
Easy Asian Chicken is quick, flavorful, and a hit with the whole family. But what can you do with the leftovers?
The answer is simple. You can turn those leftovers into another tasty meal!
Here are just a few tasty ways to turn your leftovers into new delicious dishes:
- Asian Chicken Fried Rice: Slice up the leftovers and toss them into a sizzling stir-fry with cooked rice, scrambled eggs, and your favorite diced veggies. Add a dash of soy sauce and you have a tasty brand-new meal.
- Asian Chicken Tacos: Shred your leftover chicken and stuff it into soft tortillas. Top with a zesty slaw, diced mango, and a drizzle of sweet and spicy sauce. It’s a fiesta of flavors!
- Asian Chicken Salad: Create a vibrant salad by placing sliced leftover chicken on a bed of greens. Top with crunchy veggies, mandarin oranges, and a zesty sesame dressing for a refreshing meal with an Asian twist.
So, don’t let those leftovers go to waste. Turn them into a new yummy meal!
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Easy Asian Chicken (5 Ingredients Recipe)
A delicious baked chicken dish that’s ready in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine combine soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, ground ginger, and sesame seeds (optional) to make sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on a parchment covered baking sheet, evenly cover with sauce.
- Bake chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Let it rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- To safety eat chicken, cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Easy Asian Chicken can be prepare as a freezer meal. You can freeze it before cooking your meal. Freeze for up to 3 months and defrost in the fridge overnight before baking it.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 253.3kcal
- Sugar: 0.87g
- Sodium: 986.33mg
- Fat: 5.24g
- Saturated Fat: 1.13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.38g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Carbohydrates: 2.54g
- Fiber: 0.08g
- Protein: 45.96g
- Cholesterol: 145.27mg
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!