Looking for the perfect weeknight meal or a tasty dish to serve for easy entertaining, look no further! Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken is the perfect meal to whip up in no time. Not only is this dish simple to make, but it’s also a great freezer cooking recipe, so you can prepare a batch in advance and have a delicious meal ready to go when you need it. With its unique flavor combinations of creamy coconut, lime, and garlic, this dish will have everyone at the table asking for seconds.
The truth is, when it comes to dinner, weeknights can be busy, like really busy. You need an easy meal that comes together quickly. You need a dinner that feels so effortless, you can throw it together with your eyes half closed, your kids playing in the background, and even when it feels like there are a million and one other things that you need to do.
These are the nights when you need a dinner that feels so effortless it practically makes itself. (Well, if you already prepared this Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken as a freezer meal – it’s actually ready and waiting for you!)
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious dinner that won’t take too long to make, this quick and easy chicken recipe is the perfect freezer cooking recipe for you! And once it’s prepared, it bakes in the oven in only 20 minutes.
Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken is also a Keto-friendly and dairy-free meal. And it’s seriously flavorful and satisfying.
Perfect Busy Weeknight Meal
The creamy and zesty flavors of coconut and lime make this dish a real winner! This sauce is tasty, I mean really tasty. You can add it to roasted vegetables, rice, and it’s add so much flavor to the chicken.
The exotic flavors of lime and coconut can wake up any weeknight meal. And when you realize how easy it is to make, it make your evening so much easier.
My family just loves baked chicken. It’s so easy to simply pop it in the oven to bake and it’s always so juicy and flavorful. If you love chicken as well, check out other tasty chicken recipes like Smoky Baked Chicken Breasts, Baked Chicken Parmesan, Easy Asian Chicken, Honey Soy Sriracha Baked Chicken Breasts, and Easy Greek Lemon Chicken Breasts.
Can You Make Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken as a Freezer Meal?
Absolutely! If you are preparing this as a freezer meal, you will simply create the marinade and add it with the chicken breasts into a freezer bag. You can freezer the chicken for up to 6 months.
When it’s time to eat, simply defrost the chicken in the fridge overnight. Remove the now defrosted chicken from the freezer bag, place it on a parchment covered baking sheet and let it cook for 20 minutes. And always cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), so it’s safe to eat.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
There are so many reasons that freezer cooking can make dinner quicker and easier. And it’s perfect for those days when you come home from work or you’re busy all day, it’s late, and all you want is an easy dinner. Freezer cooking can make that wish come true!
Freezer cooking simply involves preparing meals ahead of time and freezing them so that dinner is ready for you when you need it. It’s like having your own personal chef who has prepared a delicious meal just for you.
How Freezer Cooking Makes Dinner Easier
There are so many ways that freezer cooking can make dinnertime easier. Here are some of biggest benefits:
- Time Saving – You can prepare several meals in one day and freeze them for later, which means less time in the kitchen on busy nights.
- Save Money – You can bulk buy ingredients and prepare multiple meals at once. So, you can take advantage of bulk savings and sales, even if you have a small family.
- Reduce Food Waste – Leftovers can be frozen for another night.
- Delicious – Foods, such as chicken, actually taste better when they are frozen in a marinade or sauce—so your dinner will be even tastier!
If you’ve never tried Freezer Cooking before, don’t worry. It’s actually easier than you think. And if you wish that there was an easy-to-follow guide that could walk you through all of the steps, then be sure to check out Meals in Minutes.
Before you start freezer cooking, you’ll want to plan out your meals ahead of time. This way you know exactly what ingredients to buy and how much food to make. And it will prevent any last-minute scrambling! With a little planning, freezer cooking can be a really easy process.
When you’re finally preparing your meals, label everything. You’ll want to label them with their name. You don’t want to end up with a mystery meal in the back of the freezer. You always want to know what everything is.
When freezing food, try to portion it into servings that would work best for your family size so that nothing goes to waste or needs to be thrown away.
Most importantly, don’t forget to have fun! With just a little time upfront, you’re making dinnertime easier than ever before.
With careful planning and preparation, freezer cooking can make dinners easier in your home. And soon enough, you can serve up delicious dinners with ease any night of the week!
So if you’re looking for an easy way to get dinner on the table fast why not give freezer cooking a try? You won’t regret it.
Ingredients for Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
The combination of ingredients creates a unique flavor that will have your taste buds singing. Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken has a tropical taste that’s perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining.
- Chicken breasts – This recipe is designed to be prepared with skinless and boneless chicken. But if you prefer another cut of chicken, you can prepare it that way. You will just need to cook it longer.
- Coconut milk – It adds a creaminess to the dish, without any dairy. Making this a perfect recipe for Keto or a dairy-free diet. But this definitely does not taste like a bland diet meal. It’s seriously full of flavor.
- Lime – You only need one or two limes for this recipe to give it a burst of lime flavor. But if you like extra lime, you can always serve lime slices on the side.
- Garlic – Even one clove adds a ton of flavor and always makes dishes extra delicious.
- Parsley – This dried herb gives the chicken a light peppery taste with a touch of earthiness, making it a perfect herb for this recipe.
- Onion – Onion power adds extra flavor to the sauce and of course, the chicken.
- Ginger – Even a small amount, gives the chicken a pepper spice and sweetness that gives the chicken more of an asian flavor. It perfectly compliments the coconut milk and lime juice.
- Salt and pepper – Easily adjust this seasoning to taste. Simply prepare the creamy coconut lime sauce and give a taste before adding it to the chicken.
HOW TO MAKE Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
This delicious baked chicken recipe is the perfect go-to recipe when you’re looking for a quick and easy meal. Coconut milk and lime juice add a unique flavor that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. It’s a keto-friendly and dairy-free dish that can be enjoyed by everyone.
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C)
If you don’t usually bake your chicken at 425°F, you are going to love it. When chicken breasts cooks at a higher temperature, it locks in the natural juices and it gets dinner on to your even table faster.
STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
The sauce comes together so easily and it is so delicious. Seriously, the sauce is so yummy, my family wanted to drink it up!
To make the sauce, simply combine coconut milk, lime juice, garlic clove, parsley, onion powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. And it’s just that simple. Don’t you just love when delicious dinners are so easy to prepare.
STEP 3: FLAVOR THE CHICKEN
If you are marinading the chicken before baking, add the chicken to a large bowl, container, or one gallon freezer bag. Pour the coconut lime sauce over top. And marinade the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes to 24 hours before baking.
When you are ready to bake the chicken, add the chicken breasts to a parchment covered baking sheet.
We have prepared the Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken with and without marinating and it is tasty both ways.
When you marinade it, the chicken becomes more flavorful because the sauce flavors the inside of the meat. Without marinating, the sauce only flavors the outside of the chicken.
Either way, Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken is always a tasty dish!
STEP 4: BAKE
One of the things that makes Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken such a simple dish is how quickly it bakes. Simply pop it in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. When it’s done, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer. Chicken is safe to eat when its internal temperature is 165°F (74°C).
STEP 5: REST
Before it’s ready to serve, let your chicken rest. If you cut into it right away, it will lose some of its natural juices and tender texture. Letting it rest for even 3 minutes before serving, helps it lock in some of its juices, so you end up with delicious backed chicken.
How to COOK Delicious, MOIST CHICKEN BREASTS
There are so many different ways to bake chicken. But, when it comes to serving a tasty chicken dinner, the most important thing is to not overcook it. You don’t want to end up with a tough, dry dinner that’s just way too hard to eat.
Here are some of my top tips for making juicy, delicious chicken breasts:
- Marinate – Using a marinade can flavor your chicken, while keeping it tender and moist. Simply marinating your chicken for even 15 to 30 minutes can help to prevent it from drying out while baking.
- High temperature – Cooking at a high temperature for a short time keeps your meal extra juicy. The high temperature helps the chicken develop a crispier crust on the outside, which locks in the natural juices and prevent it from drying out.
- Rest – When the chicken is finished cooking, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. Just waiting 2 to 3 minutes is long enough. This helps the chicken hold in more of its natural juices, so you end up with an even tastier dinner
CAN YOU USE A DIFFERENT CUT OF CHICKEN?
In a word – YES! Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken can be prepared with any type of chicken: bone-in or boneless.
If you’re using chicken drumsticks or thighs the baking time will be longer. These cuts of chicken will need to bake for 34 to 40 minutes at 425°F (230°C).
Whichever cut of chicken you want to use, make sure to cook your chicken until the recommended internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
Delicious and healthy, Coconut Lime Chicken is wonderfully tender and filled with tropical flavors. Enjoy it with your favorite roasted vegetable, rice, potatoes, or salad
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Asian
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl combine coconut, lime, garlic, parsley, onion powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper to make the coconut lime sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on a parchment covered baking sheet, evenly cover with sauce.
- Bake chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Let it rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- To safety eat chicken, cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Coconut Lime Chicken be prepare as a freezer meal. You can freeze it before cooking your meal. Freeze for up to 6 months and defrost in the fridge overnight before baking it.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 281.07kcal
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 384.01mg
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated Fat: 4.54g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.54g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Carbohydrates: 2.36g
- Fiber: 0.27g
- Protein: 45.37g
- Cholesterol: 145.27mg
Keywords: baked chicken, freezer cooking chicken recipe, easy baked chicken recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!