This is a dish that everyone will love! Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is the ultimate dinner for any night. It’s like magic and it’s made with only 5 ingredients. Indulge in perfectly cooked chicken thighs, topped with delicious tomato sauce, and melted cheese. Yum!
Get ready for a dish that’s not just tasty, it’s a total breeze to make. No fuss, no complicated steps, just simple goodness that’s perfect for any night of the week.
Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is a go-to dinner that’s all about keeping things simple and delicious. With just five ingredients, this tasty dish is perfect for any night of the week.
The magic behind this mouthwatering meal is the combination of seared chicken thighs, flavorful tomato sauce, and gooey melted cheese. It’s quick, easy, and perfectly delicious. But, it’s also a breeze to make.
In less than 30 minutes, dinner is served. And if you want your chicken to be extra juicy and super flavorful, let it sit for a couple minutes before serving.
You can serve Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken with any of your favorite sides, like rice, noodles, salad, or some roasted veggies. With this dish, the options are endless.
Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining. Get ready for a dish that’s simple, savory, and absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s the perfect family-friendly meal.
If you love easy chicken dishes, check out these other tasty recipes, Coconut Lime Chicken, Perfect Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, Creamy Cheesy Chicken, Easy Asian Chicken, Greek Lemon Chicken and Baked Chicken Parmesan.
A Simple and Delicious Chicken Dish
When it comes to Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken, it’s all about making a dish that’s simple and delicious. It’s basically the best parts of pizza in a pan. And the juicy chicken thighs become the crust to this truly tasty dish.
The skillet is where it all happens. Simply add boneless chicken thighs into a skillet, once its seared, top it with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and let it all melt.
Just like traditional pizza, you can completely customize it with the toppings you love. Think of Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken as a classic marinara or cheese pizza. You can add your favorite toppings to make it the ultimate pizza chicken dish.
And here’s the best part – kids love it, too! From the little ones to the grown-ups, Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is perfect for family dinners.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
So, the next time you’re craving a taste of pizza without the delivery hassle, give Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken a go. It’s easy, tasty, and perfect for those “what’s for dinner?” moments.
Can You Use Another Cut of Chicken?
Absolutely! One of the fantastic things about Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is its flexibility. If you’re not a fan of boneless skinless chicken thighs or you have a different cut in your fridge, feel free to mix it up.
Chicken breasts? Totally. Drumsticks? Why not! The beauty of this dish is that it’s forgiving when it comes to the cut of chicken you choose. Each cut brings its own personality to the skillet, so go with what you love or have on hand.
Just keep in mind that different cuts need a bit of adjustment in cooking time. Chicken thighs cook up quickly. But if you want to use chicken breasts or drumsticks – those may need a few extra minutes to cook.
Whichever cut of chicken you use, make sure it’s cooked through. Always cook chicken until it reaches the internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). That way it’s safe eat and good to go.
The secret to perfectly cooked chicken thighs
When it comes to cooking juicy and delicious chicken thighs, there’s a few easy steps. Luckily, all of them are in the recipe for Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken.
- Cover chicken with a tasty rub – It adds a burst of flavor that makes the dish extra delicious.
- Sear the chicken – Gives it the Maillard reaction and forms a mouthwatering crust on the outside of the chicken. It locks in the juices and enhancing the overall flavor.
- Cook at medium and low temperature – This helps the chicken hold its natural juices, preventing any unwanted dryness.
- Let the chicken rest before serving – Simply resting the chicken thighs for 3 to 5 minutes helps the chicken stay moist, tender, and delicious.
- Cover the skillet when cooking for a longer time. This helps keep the chicken juicy while cooking. And it prevents the top part from getting dry, so the meat stays tender. It also helps the cheese melt, but we’ll get to more of that later.
Can you make easy skillet pizza chicken as a freezer meal?
Absolutely! You can turn Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken into a freezer meal, and it’s a game-changer for busy days. It’s a fantastic time-saver, and it adds extra deliciousness to your chicken. In the end, you’ll have a dish that’s simple and seriously tasty.
To start, simply cover the chicken in the seasoning, just like the recipe says. Instead of cooking it right away, place the chicken in a container or a freezer bag. Then you’ll need another two freezer bags – put the sauce in one freezer bag and the cheese in another. Add the sauce and cheese bag to the chicken container/freezer bag.
Don’t forget to remove any extra air to keep it fresh. And write the date on the container that holds that chicken, sauce, and cheese, so you know when you froze it. Then, freeze it for up to 6 months.
When you’re ready to eat Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken, take the container out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. As the chicken thaws, it soaks up more of the seasoning, making it even more delicious.
Once it’s defrosted, and you’re ready to cook, simply follow the recipe directions. Sear the chicken, then top it with the sauce and cheese. Before you know it, dinner is done. Remember, always cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), so it’s safe to eat.
Making Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken as a Freezer Meal is a seriously tasty time-saver. For more guidance on freezer cooking, check out Meals in Minutes. It’s a fantastic resource that can help you make three months’ worth of delicious dinners with an easy-to-follow plan. It includes meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more!
Freezer cooking is a game-changer. It’s perfect for those days when preparing dinner feels almost impossible. Let Meals in Minutes be your trusty guide through it all.
Ingredients for Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken
Creating a dish that’s both simple and delicious is all about the right ingredients. With just a handful of items, you can whip up Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken in no time.
So, let’s break down the deliciousness:
- Chicken Thighs: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are the perfect canvas for soaking up the pizza-inspired flavors.
- Marinara or Tomato Sauce: Lays the foundation for that classic pizza taste. Choose your favorite sauce to customize the flavor to your liking.
- Mozzarella Cheese: What’s a pizza without cheese? Mozzarella adds that gooey, melty goodness that makes this chicken a pizza lover’s dream.
- Grapeseed Oil: Simply used to help the chicken sear to golden perfection. Its neutral flavor ensures it enhances, not overpowers, the overall taste.
- Oregano: Infusing a hint of herbal aroma, dried oregano brings a traditional pizza flavor. Its savory notes enhance the overall taste of the dish.
- Garlic Powder: Adding depth, garlic powder elevates the taste of the chicken, making each bite flavorful and satisfying.
- Salt: The essential seasoning, salt enhances the natural flavors of the dish.
When it comes to counting ingredients in a recipe, everyday kitchen staples like oil and salt aren’t included. Chances are, you already have both of them in your kitchen, making it an easy addition to the recipe.
Now, it’s time to make Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken – the perfect go-to dish for any night of the week.
How to make Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken
Making Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is a breeze. Simply follow these five simple steps:
STEP 1: CREATE THE SEASONING MIX
Begin by whipping up the seasoning mix. In a small bowl, bring together dried oregano, garlic powder, and salt. This flavorful seasoning mix is the secret to elevating the taste of your chicken. And it’s the start to your delicious dish.
STEP 2: SEASON THE CHICKEN
Place your chicken thighs on a plate and make sure that they’re evenly spread out. Generously cover the top and bottom of each chicken thigh with the seasoning mix, making sure to coat it thoroughly.
STEP 3: HEAT THE SKILLET
Fire up a large skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of grapeseed oil to the pan. You’ll want to use grapeseed oil because it has a mild taste and it lets the other flavors shine. But more importantly, grapeseed oil has a high smoke point, so it is safe to use for searing the chicken.
After adding the oil, add the chicken thighs to the skillet. Sear the chicken until it’s golden-brown, approximately 4 minutes per side.
STEP 4: SAUCE AND CHEESE COATING
Now, lets turn the chicken in a pizza-inspired delights. Evenly coat the chicken with tomato sauce and a generous layer of mozzarella cheese. Then, lower the heat, cover the skillet, and let it cook for 6 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts.
Covering the skillet helps to warm the whole dish, so the cheese melts quickly and easy. It also helps keep the tops of the chicken moist and delicious.
STEP 5: FINAL COOKING
Uncover the skillet and continue cooking for an additional 4 minutes. This lets the flavors come together into an amazing, pizza-inspired goodness.
When it’s finished cooking, let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes, so the chicken is extra juicy and delicious. With these simple steps, your Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken is ready to eat.
So, enjoy every bite!
What can you serve with Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken?
Make your Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken meal even tastier by adding some yummy side dishes. Of course, you can go with the classic chicken pairing of steamed white or brown rice. The subtle flavor and fluffy texture soak up the rich pizza-inspired sauce. Now, each bite is a satisfying burst of deliciousness.
If you’re in the mood for noodles, you can serve plain pasta, or even One Pot Macaroni and Cheese for an extra cheesy twist.
For a veggie infusion, roasted or stir-fried veggies are the way to go. They add a pop of color and make your dinner healthier. You can serve broccoli, bell peppers, snap peas, or carrots. Whether served on the side or mixed into the extra pizza sauce, these veggies can add a wholesome touch to your meal.
To add a refreshing touch, consider a simple, fresh garden salad. Combine crisp greens with ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, and your favorite dressing. A drizzle of Light and Creamy Balsamic or Greek Salad Dressing can be the perfect finishing touch for your meal.
There are so many tasty options for side. Enjoy all the flavors and every bite of your Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken feast!
What can you do with leftover Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken?
So, you’ve enjoyed a tasty meal of Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken, and now you have some leftovers. What’s can you do with them?
Well, you’ve got options!
First, you can simply warm them up and enjoy them all over again. Leftovers can be just as tasty the second time around.
But if you’re in the mood for something different, you can always use the leftovers to whip up something new. Before we get into that, you’ll need to store your remaining Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken properly.
Once it has cooled down, pop the Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken into a sealed container in the fridge. It will stay good for three to five days. If you want to keep it longer, you can freeze it up to three to six months. Just remember to thaw it in the fridge before whipping it into a new dish.
Now, here are some easy and delicious ways to turn your leftover Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken into something new and delicious:
- Pizza Chicken Salad: Dice the leftover pizza chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss it with fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, and cucumbers. You can add other salad ingredients and top it off with a light vinaigrette.
- Pizza Chicken Pasta: Cook up some noodles and mix them with your leftover pizza chicken. Throw in some vegetables and a bit more marinara or tomato sauce for a flavorful noodle dish.
- Pizza Chicken Tacos: Use your leftover pizza chicken as a delicious taco filling. Warm up some tortillas, add the chicken, and garnish with tomato or marinara sauce, shredded lettuce, and any other favorite toppings for a taco night with a pizza-licious twist.
There you have it – you can transform leftover Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken into a fresh and tasty meal. Don’t let a bite go to waste and make the most of your leftovers and explore the delicious possibilities!
After you whip up some Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken, add a comment below and give it a star rating! I love hearing how much your family enjoys it too.
HUNGRY FOR MORE QUICK & EASY RECIPES?
Easy Skillet Pizza Chicken (5 Ingredients Recipe)
This is a dish that everyone will love! Skillet Pizza Chicken is the perfect dinner for any night. It’s like magic and it’s made with only 5 ingredients – chicken thighs cooked to perfection, covered with tasty tomato sauce and melted cheese. It’s so yummy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups marinara or tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, garlic powder, and salt to make seasoning.
- Place chicken thighs on a plate and evenly cover with seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cover evenly with tomato sauce and cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 6 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 4 minutes. When it’s finished, let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
Note: If you want to add vegetable toppings to your skillet pizza chicken, simply cook them first in the pan. Remove them then cook your chicken. After adding the tomato/marinara sauce, add the cooked vegetables to the chicken, and then the cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 meal
- Calories: 336.38kcal
- Sugar: 4.89g
- Sodium: 968.65mg
- Fat: 19.53g
- Saturated Fat: 6.06g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.83g
- Trans Fat: 0.03g
- Carbohydrates: 8.84g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 30.08g
- Cholesterol: 130.85mg
Keywords: stovetop skillet chicken, 5 ingredients chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!