A rich and creamy Alfredo sauce filled with roasted garlic, dried herbs, and tomato paste.
You may have enjoyed Alfredo before, but have you ever had Pink Alfredo? Fettuccine Pink Alfredo is a tasty spin on the classic dish. With thick Fettuccine noodles that perfectly hold a full-flavoured cream sauce, this is a pasta lover’s dream.
It has everything you love about the classic sauce – it’s rich, creamy and flavoured with herbs and spices – plus it has a hint of tomato flavour. Tomatoes round out the creamy sauce and give it a soft pink hue.
Made without cream, butter or high-fat cheese, Fettuccine Pink Alfredo is a delicious skinny dish. The combination of milk, flour and pasta water create a rich Alfredo sauce that becomes even creamier when puréed cottage cheese is mixed in. Garlic, rosemary and parsley enhance the sauce, adding a distinct herb flavour. Finally, the tomato paste gives this Alfredo sauce its beautiful pink colour while adding a light and savoury tomato essence.
Fettuccine Pink Alfredo bursts flavour when it’s fresh off the stove. Bite after bite, this rich pasta will leave you wanting more. Seconds, please! If you have any leftovers, Fettuccine Pink Alfredo is equally delicious the next day. Since it’s made without cream or butter, the sauce never separates. Even in the fridge overnight, it maintains its creamy, herby and subtly tomatoey flavour.
Fettuccine Pink Alfredo
Fettuccine Pink Alfredo is a fun twist on the classic Alfredo sauce. With an herb-filled creamy sauce, roasted garlic and a subtle tomato flavour, you’ll be wanting more and more of this pasta dish. Yum!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 to 5 1x
- 1 package pasta noodles
- 2 cups milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (156 ml) can of tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, dried
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, puree cottage cheese until it is thick, creamy and there are no more curds.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Cover garlic with flour, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in pasta water, milk and tomato paste. Simmer for 1 minute, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cottage cheese, cook for 1 minute.
- Add drained pasta noodles to Alfredo sauce.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love creamy pasta, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Fettuccine Pink Alfredo? What’s your favourite pasta dish?