You’re going to love this easy and delicious recipe. It’s perfect for busy nights or weekend entertaining. Maple Pistachio Salmon is made with only five ingredients and it bursts with flavor. With a tasty combination of pistachios, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds!
Salmon is the ultimate go-to for quick and easy dinners. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining. You can whip it up easily and it’s always a tasty 20 minute meal.
Maple Pistachio Salmon is a delicious dish that’s as simple to make as it is tasty to eat. And you only need a few key ingredients. Simply combine maple syrup, dijon mustard, pistachio, and dried parsley to make a topping. Cover the salmon, pop it in the oven, and in just 10 minutes your dinner is done. And that’s it! You’ll have a perfectly cooked meal that’s sure to impress.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Not only is Maple Pistachio Salmon a breeze to make, but it’s also a crowd-pleaser. If have any leftovers, you can enjoy it hot or cold the next day.
So, if you’re looking for a quick, easy, and delicious dinner, you’ll love Maple Pistachio Salmon. It’s the perfect way to make an easy and delicious salmon dish.
And if you love fish, try some of these delicious salmon dinners – Parmesan Crusted Salmon, Sweet BBQ Rubbed Salmon, Lemon Herb Crusted Salmon, Creamy Maple Mustard Salmon, and Healthy Blackened Salmon.
What are the different types of salmon?
Salmon is one of the most popular types of fish. You can find it in many different types of cuisines around the world. Known for its versatility and delicate flavor, salmon is a favorite among seafood lovers.
When it comes to choosing salmon, not all varieties are the same. There are several different species of salmon. But, you’ll really only comes across six different kinds at the grocery store or fish market. They vary in taste and texture. Some live in freshwater, saltwater, or in both depending on the time of year. And some varieties are even farmed.
The six main varieties of salmon are:
- Atlantic salmon – also known as farm-raised salmon, is the most common type of salmon at the grocery stores. It’s often a bright pink color and has a mild, buttery flavor. Atlantic salmon is farmed in Norway, Scotland, and Chile.
- Sockeye salmon – also known as red salmon, is a Pacific salmon that’s found in Alaska, Canada, and the Pacific Northwest. It has a deep red color and a rich, distinctive flavor. You’ll often find it in sushi, sashimi, and gravlax.
- Chinook salmon – also known as king salmon, is the largest type of Pacific salmon. Its high oil content gives it a rich, buttery texture and flavor. Chinook salmon is found in Alaska, Canada, and the Pacific Northwest. And it’s a popular choice for grilling and smoking. You’ll see it in high-end fish markets or fancy restaurants.
- Coho salmon – also known as silver salmon, is a Pacific salmon that’s found in Alaska and Canada. It’s known for its bright orange-red color and medium to firm texture. The milder taste makes it the perfect choice for dishes like salmon cakes or burgers.
- Pink salmon – also known as humpback salmon, is the most common type of Pacific salmon. It has a light pink color and a delicate, mild flavor. Pink salmon is often canned or used in sandwiches and salads.
- Chum salmon – also known as dog salmon, is a type of salmon that’s native in the Pacific Ocean. Commonly found in Alaska, Canada, and Siberia, this smaller salmon has a milder flavor with a pale pink color. It’s popular for its fish eggs or roe. You’ll often see these fish eggs used in sushi rolls.
Ingredients for Maple Pistachio Salmon
Maple Pistachio Salmon is an incredible dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy meal for a busy weeknight, or you’re hosting a dinner party, this dish is sure to do the trick.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
The combination of sweet maple syrup and crunchy pistachios make a unique dish that’s both savory and satisfying.
One of the great things about Maple Pistachio Salmon is how easy it is to prepare. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you can create a delicious meal that tastes like it took hours to make.
Let’s get started!
- Salmon: a super nutritious food that’s delicious and super versatile! With its rich and buttery flavor, salmon is the perfect match for so many ingredients, and you can make it in so many different ways.
- Pistachio: a perfect pairing with salmon. It complements the fish’s natural rich and buttery flavor and adds a savory, crunchy texture.
- Maple syrup: its sweetness pairs perfectly with the rich, buttery flavor of the salmon. It creates a wonderful balance of sweet and savory for the topping.
- Dijon mustard: its sharp, tangy flavor complements the buttery taste of the fish. It adds a depth of flavor, making it a great addition for those who may find that the fish is too heavy on its own.
- Parsley: a versatile and delicious herb that can add an extra layer of flavor to your baked salmon dish. This subtle and earthy herb pairs well with the richness of the fish.
What Type of Maple Syrup is best for baked salmon?
At the grocery store, you may find that there are a lot of different varieties of maple syrups. And it can be a little overwhelming trying to figure out which one to choose.
But, when it comes to choosing maple syrup, the answer is simple: pure maple syrup is the way to go!
Not only is pure maple syrup tastier and more delicious than the fake or imitation ones, it’s also healthier. Pure maple syrup is packed with natural sugars and flavors. It also contains antioxidants, calcium, potassium, and iron.
Plus, when you’re making salmon, pure maple syrup is the perfect pairing. Its natural sweetness and rich flavor enhances the taste of the fish and create a truly delicious combination.
So, the next time you’re browsing the syrup aisle, remember to reach for the pure maple syrup. Your taste buds will thank you!
HOW TO MAKE Maple Pistachio Salmon
When you need a quick and delicious meal, salmon is always a great choice. With only five ingredients, you can whip up Maple Pistachio Salmon in just 20 minutes.
So let’s get started!
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C).
Baking salmon at 425°F is a game-changer! This high-temperature method keeps the fish tender and juicy without drying it out.
The best part, your dinner will be ready even faster. It’s a definite win-win!
STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
The combination of tangy mustard and sweet maple syrup, creates a delicious topping that’s perfect for the rich, buttery salmon.
When it comes to making the sauce, it all comes together so easily. Simply use a small bowl and add all of the sauce ingredients: pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and parsley. Mix the sauce until it’s well combined.
STEP 3: COVER
Simply place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly cover with the sauce, which adds flavor and acts like a tasty glue to hold the pistachios in place. Then top with the pistachios.
STEP 4: BAKE
Baking the salmon is a breeze. Pop it into the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes or until it’s fully cooked and flaky. Cook salmon until it has an internal temperature is 158°F (70°C).
And voila! Your Maple Pistachio Salmon is ready to enjoy. Serve it with roasted vegetables, potatoes, salad, or rice for a complete and satisfying meal that’s sure to impress.
CAN YOU FREEZE Maple Pistachio Salmon?
Absolutely! You can make Maple Pistachio Salmon ahead of time as a freezer meal. Simply prepare your salmon, and wrap each piece in plastic wrap before adding it to a freezer bag. You can freeze the salmon for up to three months.
When you are ready to cook your Maple Pistachio Salmon, simply defrost it in the refrigerator overnight. And carefully remove the plastic wrap before baking it in the oven. Once it’s done, you’ll have a delicious dish that’s as tasty as if it was prepared today! Now you can enjoy flavorful salmon anytime, even if you prepared it days or weeks ago.
Freezer cooking is a great way to make dinner time easier. It’s a lifesaver for those busy days when you don’t have time or energy to make dinner.
So, even if finding the time to make dinner seems next to impossible, with freezer cooking, you can still serve a satisfying, homemade meal.
If you’ve never tried Freezer Cooking before, don’t worry. It’s so much easier than you think.
And if you wish that there was a simple guide that walks you it all, check out Meals in Minutes. You can make 3 months worth of delicious dinners with this easy-to-follow plan. And it includes meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more! So, you can still enjoy a homemade dinner without the stress.
What can you serve with Maple Pistachio Salmon?
When it comes to serving baked salmon, there are so many tasty side dishes. Roasted or steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, or carrots are a great choice. You can toss them with oil, salt, and pepper before roasting them in the oven. And you can add garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika for an extra burst of flavor.
If you want something hearty, mashed or roasted potatoes are always a good choice. They’re the perfect comfort food to pair with the rich, buttery salmon. You also serve some rice or pasta for a satisfying meal.
For those who prefer a lighter option, a fresh salad is a great choice. A mix of greens and tomatoes perfectly complement the rich flavors of the salmon. You can even make a little extra sauce for the fish and thin it with some oil or water to make a zesty dressing. Of course, you’ll want to give it a little taste before adding it the salad, to make sure that it tastes great before serving it.
The possibilities for sides are endless. Choose your favorite option and enjoy this delicious meal!
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Maple Pistacho Salmon (5 Ingredients Recipe)
With a tasty combination of pistachios, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard, Maple Pistachio Salmon is always a hit. Serve it with your favorite rice, potatoes, vegetables or side salad.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 1 pound salmon, fillets
- 1/2 cup pistachio, shelled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and parsley to make maple sauce.
- Place salmon on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Cover with maple sauce. Top with pistachios.
- Bake salmon for 10 to 12 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C).
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 264.21kcal
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 979.73mg
- Fat: 5.24g
- Saturated Fat: 1.12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.38g
- Trans Fat: 0.02g
- Carbohydrates: 4.35g
- Fiber: 0.27g
- Protein: 46.61g
- Cholesterol: 145.27mg
Keywords: easy baked salmon, roasted salmon dinner, 5 ingredients salmon recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!