Perfectly minty, bite-sized treats! Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are filled with fluffy mint batter and chocolate chips. Yum!
If you love mint and chocolate chips, you’ll love these sweet, refreshing treats. Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are perfectly minty – mint coloured and mint flavoured. How perfect is that? With the subtle balance of mint-flavoured batter, chocolate chips and a wonderfully green hue, this is one tasty treat.
Serve them for dessert, snack time, or anytime. You’ll love how easy, tasty, and rich these healthy treats are! Everyone else will just love them. 🙂
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Bites
As a mini dessert, Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are really easy to make. Before you’re ready to mix all of the ingredients together, there’s a little avocado trick. While avocados are amazing to cook with, you’ll want to mash the avocado until there are virtually no chunks. This way, the avocado tastes amazing and it is also the most accurate way to measure a puréed fruit.
Now, you’re ready to combine the rest of the ingredients and of course mix in the chocolate chips. You can’t make Mint Chocolate Chip Bites without chocolate. Right!?!
Baking With Avocados
There’s no food colouring in this mini treat. Instead, it’s given its vibrant green colour from mashed avocados. Yes, avocados.
If you haven’t baked with avocados before, they are amazing in desserts. In this treat, avocado adds a pop of colour, which perfectly compliments the mint flavour. Colour aside, avocado adds a soft, chewy and butter-like texture. But you won’t even taste the avocado. With the added mint and vanilla, all you’ll enjoy is a fluffy two-bite cake.
Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are truly guilt-free. There’s no butter or oil in this dessert. Instead, milk and avocado are used to create a moist and creamy cake that has the perfect balance of lightly sweetened mint batter and melted chocolate chips. No one can resist this quick and easy mint green treat.
Looking for the perfect dish to serve with Mint Chocolate Chip Bites?
- Mint Pesto
- Apple Beer Bread
- Winter Apple Spinach Salad
- The Best Two Bite Brownies
- Blueberry Cantaloupe Salad
Mint Chocolate Chip Bites
Given its green colour from mashed avocados, Mint Chocolate Chip Bites are sweet, vitamin-packed, bite-sized desserts. In less than 25 minutes, you can dig into this mint-flavoured, chocolate chip treat.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 24 Bites 1x
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons avocado, mashed (1 large avocado)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 3/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine mashed avocado, milk, eggs, mint, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat non-stick mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love avocado desserts, you may also enjoy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
If you love bite-sized treats, you may also enjoy Two Bite Brownies
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP BITES TO YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD AND RECIPE PINTEREST BOARD!