Say goodbye to bland flavored dinners, this recipe is truly delicious. Oh, So Tasty Cod couldn’t be simpler, and it’s bursting with flavors. With a combination of ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, plus herbs and spices, you have a delicious dish that’s easy to make and perfect for any day of the week.
Let’s be honest – when it comes to weeknight dinners, we all want delicious meals that are so easy, they practically make themselves. With Oh, So Tasty Cod, simplicity is the name of the game. With a few simple ingredients, you have a dish that’s not only lip-smackingly delicious, but also a breeze to make.
Oh, So Tasty Cod is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something quick and satisfying. But it’s also a showstopper when it comes to easy entertaining.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a Monday or a Saturday, Oh, So Tasty Cod shines any day of the week. Its incredible flavors and minimal effort make it a winner for any occasion. And everyone will be asking for, “Seconds please!”
You can serve it with rice, salads, roasted vegetables, or creamy mashed potatoes. So go ahead, give it a try and savor this truly tasty seafood dish.
NEVER COOKED WITH Cod?
Don’t worry, you’re in for a treat! Cod is one of those seafood dishes that’s incredibly easy to prepare and perfect for any day of the week.
When it comes to taste, cod has a mild flavor and flaky texture. It’s like a blank canvas, making it the perfect base for sauces and seasonings. Sprinkle some herbs, top it with a sauce, and voila! Your taste buds will be in for a treat.
Not only is cod delicious, it’s also a nutritional powerhouse. This fish is a lean source of protein and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. That’s a real win-win for your taste buds and your well-being.
So, whether you’re grilling, baking, or pan-searing, cod is the perfect quick and easy choice. It’s a seafood superstar that will have you coming back for more.
What are the different types of cod?
Cod is one of the most popular types of fish. You can find it in many cuisines all around the world.
When it comes to cod, they may look alike with a firm, white, meaty flesh, but there are several types to choose from.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Here are the most common ones that you’ll find at the grocery store or fish market:
- Atlantic Cod – This is the classic cod used in fish and chips. If you can’t find Atlantic cod, you can swap it for haddock, tilapia, pollock, or white sea bass. There’s plenty of fish in the sea!
- Pacific Cod – It’s the second-most popular white fish, and it has a mild flavor and flaky texture. No need to play favorites here!
- Black Cod – This one’s not actually a true cod, but it’s still worth mentioning. The black cod hails from the North Pacific, and it’s a real treat! It’s rich, buttery and oh, so delicious.
- Lingcod – A master of disguise, this one is not a real cod, but it sure looks like one. This bottom-dwelling fish has a mild, light flavor that’s similar to cod. So, if you love cod and want to try something different, lingcod is a good option.
Do you need to marinate oh, so tasty cod?
The short answer is – yes and no!
Let me explain.
Marinating can be a great way to infuse extra flavors into the fish. But when it comes to cod and it’s mild, delicate flavor, less is really more.
Simply marinating for 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge is enough time to let the flavors of the sauce penetrate the fish.
But, if you’re short on time or just prefer the pure taste of cod, you can absolutely skip the marinating step and still end up with a delicious dish.
The truth is, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this delicious recipe. So, whether you choose to marinate or not, you’ll still have one tasty dinner.
Can You Make Oh, So Tasty Cod As A Freezer Meal?
Absolutely! Freezing Oh, So Tasty Cod is a fantastic way to have a quick and delicious meal on hand whenever you need it.
Start by making the flavorful sauce and add it to a freezer bag with the cod fillets. Seal it up and pop it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you’re ready, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Once it’s thawed, remove the cod from the freezer bag and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Now comes the fun part! Pop it in the oven and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure to cook the cod until it reaches an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C) to ensure it’s perfectly cooked and safe to eat.
Voila! Your freezer meal is ready.
Freezer cooking is a true lifesaver, especially on those hectic, busy days. Having a stash of delicious meals like Oh, So Tasty Cod means you can breeze through dinnertime and enjoy easy homemade meals. You can take the stress out of dinner and say goodbye to endless takeout and ready-made meals.
If you’re new to freezer cooking, don’t worry. It’s really easy.
And if you’re looking for some extra guidance and support, check out Meals in Minutes. This amazing resource has everything you need, including meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more. It’s the ultimate tool to help you make three months’ worth of delicious, easy dinners.
Freezer cooking is really a game changer! And it can help make dinner a total breeze.
Ingredients for Oh, So Tasty Cod
Oh, So Tasty Cod is a mouthwatering dish bursting with flavors. With a simple combination of ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, herbs, and spices, this recipe is perfect for weeknights or easy entertaining.
Let’s get started!
- Cod – A fantastic choice for seafood lovers! With its mild flavor and flaky texture, cod pairs well with so many ingredients.
- Ketchup – It adds a tangy and slightly sweet flavor to the dish. The rich tomato base complements the mildness of cod, creating a tasty balance of flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
- Soy sauce – A tasty way to amps up the savory and umami-rich flavor. Soy sauce adds depth and complexity to the dish and enhances the natural taste of the cod.
- Apple cider vinegar – Its tangy and slightly fruity flavor balances the mildness of the fish. The vinegar also helps to tenderize the cod, making a more moist and succulent dish.
- Grapeseed oil – With a high smoke point and neutral flavor, it allows the cod and other ingredients to shine.
- Onion power – Bringing a savory and slightly sweet flavor, onion powder enhances the sauce, but still lets the cod shine.
- Garlic powder – Adding a bold and aromatic flavor, garlic powder adds a savory kick and enhances the overall sauce.
- Basil – With a burst of aromatic and herbaceous flavors, basil enhances the flavor of the dish. Its earthy and slightly sweet notes perfectly complement the mildness of the cod making it even more delicious.
- Salt & Pepper – Season to your heart’s content! Just whip up that tasty sauce and give it a little taste test. Once you’re happy with the flavors, add it to the cod. Easy peasy, right? Go ahead and customize it to your liking!
Is Grapeseed Oil Best for Baking Cod?
In one word – yes!
When it comes to baking cod, grapeseed oil is the way to go. It can handle the high oven heat without smoking up your kitchen. Plus, it has a mild flavor that won’t overpower the delicate taste of the fish.
Grapeseed oil is also good for your health. It’s rich in omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin E, which are good for your heart and overall well-being.
And if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, grapeseed oil is a safe choice. It’s free from common allergens like peanuts, tree nuts, and even gluten.
So, when your using grapeseed oil with baked cod, you’ll end up with a delicious and healthy meal that everyone will love.
How to Make Oh, So Tasty Cod
When you need of a quick and delicious dish, nothing beats the versatility of fish. And with Oh, So Tasty Cod, you can have a mouthwatering dish on the table in under 30 minutes.
So, let’s get started!
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C).
Baking fish at 425°F is a game-changer! The high-temperature works wonders for cod. It keeps the fish tender and juicy, without drying it out.
The best part, your dinner is ready even faster. Talk about a real win-win!
STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
Whipping up this amazing sauce is an absolute breeze. And let me tell you, it’s seriously delicious.
You don’t need any fancy ingredients, just some simple fridge and pantry staples that you probably already have in your kitchen. The combination of sweet ketchup and savory soy sauce creates a mouthwatering topping for light and flaky cod.
Making the sauce couldn’t be easier. Grab a small bowl and add ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, grapeseed oil, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, plus salt and pepper.
Give it a good mix and voila! You’re all set to take your cod to the next level of deliciousness.
STEP 3: FLAVOR THE COD
Marinating before cooking is a simple way to enhance your cod. Just coat the fish in the sauce and let it marinate for 15 to 30 minutes in the fridge.
But, if you’re short on time, you can skip the marinating step. Simply, place the cod on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Pour the sauce evenly over the fish – top and bottom. And you’re ready to cook!
STEP 4: BAKE
Baking the cod is a breeze. Just place it in the oven and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature is 158°F (70°C).
And there you have it! Your Oh, So Tasty Cod is ready to eat. Yum!
What can you serve with Oh, So Tasty Cod?
Wow, there are so many tasty possibilities! Since the sauce is seriously delicious, you can serve it with some fluffy rice or quinoa. This gives you one more dish to soak up that oh, so scrumptious sauce.
If you’re in the mood for something light, a side salad is always a fantastic choice. Toss together some mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a zesty vinaigrette.
Roasted vegetables are another great choice. Whether it’s roasted asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, or colorful bell peppers, the caramelized flavors of the veggies perfectly complement the flaky cod.
You can add some comfort to your meal with creamy mashed potatoes. The smooth and buttery texture of the potatoes is perfect with the flaky cod. And the cod’s sauce is a delicious tomato flavored gravy for the potatoes. Yum!
There are just so many tasty options! So, whether you choose grains, salads, roasted vegetables, or creamy mashed potatoes, when you’re serving Oh, So Tasty Cod, you can’t go wrong.
What Can you do with leftover Oh, So Tasty Cod?
Don’t let leftovers go to waste! Of course, you can enjoy Oh, So Tasty Cod hot or cold the next day. But, you can also make a brand new, delicious dish.
First, it’s important to store the leftovers properly. Once your cod has cooled down, simply transfer it to an airtight container, and pop it in the fridge. It’ll stay fresh for three to four days.
If you plan on using it later, freezing is the solution. You can freeze cooked cod for three to six months. Just remember to thaw it in the fridge overnight before using it in a new dish.
Now, let’s get to the tasty part — and make new yummy-licious meals!
- Cod Tacos – Shred the leftover cod into smaller pieces and use it as a filling for soft or crispy tacos. Top it with salsa, guacamole, cheese, and shredded lettuce for a tasty new dish.
- Cod Pasta – Flake the leftover cod and toss it with cooked pasta, sautéed garlic, cherry tomatoes, spinach, and a drizzle of oil. Finish it off with Parmesan cheese for a satisfying meal.
- Chopped Cod Salad – Chop the leftover cod into bite-sized pieces and toss it with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, red onions, chopped hard-boiled eggs, feta cheese, and your favorite salad dressing for a nutritious and satisfying meal.
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy your leftover cod and make a tasty, new meal.
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Oh, So Tasty Cod
Perfect for weeknights or easy entertaining, Oh, So Tasty Cod is a delicious combination of ketchup, soy sauce, and herbs. It’s a scrumptious seafood experience.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 1 pounds cod, fillets
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion power
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, oil, onion power, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper to make the sauce.
- Place the cod on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Cover evenly with the sauce.
- Bake salmon for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 158°F (70°C).
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 175.18kcal
- Sugar: 2.94g
- Sodium: 913.08mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0.68g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.77g
- Fiber: 0.26g
- Protein: 21.21g
- Cholesterol: 49.9mg
Keywords: easy baked cod, roasted cod dinner
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!