Get excited for dinner with this One Pot Chicken and Rice! Tender, juicy chicken thighs and perfectly fluffy rice, make a meal that’s comforting and delicious. Enjoy the simplicity and flavor of this one-pot wonder – it’s the ultimate weeknight winner!
Looking for a comforting, heartwarming meal? One Pot Chicken and Rice is your new go-to for quick and tasty dinners. And let me tell you, it’s delicious. Forget about complicated cooking and never-ending grocery lists – this dish is your shortcut to a quick and tasty meal.
The best part, it all cooks up in one pot. Chicken thighs, rice, and a mix of spices come together effortlessly in this one-pot wonder. So, no more fuss. You’ll have a mouthwatering meal that’s sure to impress.
This one pot meal is all about getting dinner on the table without the stress. Plus, when it all cooks in one pot, there’s only one dish to clean. Talk about a win-win.
And it’s made with just a handful of ingredients – boneless chicken thighs, smoked paprika, garlic powder, white rice, and vegetable broth. Perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining. One Pot Chicken and Rice is simply delicious.
Serve it with roasted veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans, or pair it with a light salad. This dish is dairy-free and gluten-free, making it a hit for different dietary preferences.
So, let’s make a meal that’s not just delicious but also simple. With minimal prep, maximum flavor, and always juicy, One Pot Chicken and Rice is truly tasty. Let’s get cooking!
If you love chicken, check out other tasty chicken recipes, Perfect Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, Easy Bruschetta Chicken, Greek Lemon Chicken Breasts, Smoky Baked Chicken Breasts, Baked BBQ Chicken, Tuscan Baked Chicken, Creamy Cheesy Chicken, and Baked Chicken Parmesan.
Convenient and Easy One Pot Meal
One Pot Chicken and Rice is a one pot wonder. It’s perfect for busy nights and you can easily whip up delicious meals without the kitchen chaos. It’s all about simplicity and flavor.
But, the perks don’t stop there. Here are some of the reasons one pot meals are perfect for busy nights:
- Easy Prep, Maximum Flavor: With one pot meals, dinner is all about ease and taste. Just toss in your ingredients, let them cook together, and voilà – dinner is served!
- Time-Saving: One-pot meals are time-saving heroes. With everything cooking together seamlessly, you spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying a flavorful meal with the family.
- Simple Cleanup: Say goodbye to the kitchen cleanup struggles. One-pot meals simplify the post-cooking chaos. With less pans to clean, cleanup is faster.
- Versatility: One-pot meals can be adapted to your taste, dietary preferences, or whatever ingredients you have on hand. From hearty stews to comforting rice dishes, the possibilities are endless.
- Nutrient-Rich: When ingredients cozy up in one pot, flavors mingle, and the taste is oh, so good. And the best part, all of the ingredients nutrients are shared and absorbed, so your family has a wholesome, well-balanced meal.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether it’s a busy weeknight or easy entertaining, one-pot meals are perfect for any occasion.
Time-Tested One Pot Cooking
People have been making one pot meals for a long time. And I mean a really long time. Back in ancient times, people gathered around big pots bubbling over open fires, throwing in a mix of ingredients for a shared feast.
In today’s fast-paced world, one-pot meals are a perfect kitchen hack. Families are busier than ever, and the idea of tossing everything into one pot can be a real timesaver. And they’re a deliciously tasty dinner solution.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
One Pot Chicken and Rice is perfect for our busy lives. It takes that ancient idea of throwing everything in one pot and brings it to your kitchen, making dinner delicious and cleanup a breeze.
Is Chicken and Rice Healthy?
When you’re making a meal for your family, of course you want to know – how healthy is it. Well, with One Pot Chicken and Rice, this is one healthy dish.
Chicken, a lean protein source, is a nutritional powerhouse. It’s got all those essential amino acids your body loves, supporting muscle action and tissue repair.
Rice is a complex carb that basically fuels your body. It’s a versatile grain that’s perfect for a well-balanced diet.
The seasoning blend, features garlic and smoked paprika. Garlic is a true immune-booster and smoked paprika is loaded with antioxidants.
One Pot Chicken and Rice is a wholesome and delicious dish. So, savor each healthy, tasty bite.
How to Sear Chicken Thighs
Since we’re cooking everything in one skillet, it all starts with searing the chicken. If you haven’t seared chicken before. It’s really easy.
Searing is the secret to giving your chicken that perfect golden-brown crust. It’s not just aesthetics, it’s a flavor-boosting cooking technique that makes the dish extra tasty.
Here are some of the benefits of searing the chicken:
- Maillard Reaction: Searing is process that happens when proteins and sugars react under high heat. And it enhances the taste of the chicken.
- Crispy Texture: The searing process gives the chicken a lightly crispy exterior.
- Sealing in Juices: While it doesn’t exactly “seal in” juices, it does make the chicken taste juicier. The caramelized layer on the outside keeps the chicken thighs extra tasty as they simmer with the rice.
Ingredients for One Pot Chicken and Rice
With just a handful of ingredients, you’re on your way to a delightful one-pot wonder. And the best part – it’s a breeze to put together.
So, let’s break down the goodness:
- Boneless Chicken Thighs: These tender pieces of chicken are the heart of our dish, bringing succulence and flavor to every bite.
- Smoked Paprika: Adding a smoky kick, smoked paprika gives the dish a depth and richness, elevating the overall taste of your one-pot meal.
- Garlic Powder: A hint of garlic powder gives each mouthful savory goodness, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- Grapeseed Oil: A little bit of oil is simply used for cooking and helping the chicken sear perfectly.
- White Rice: A classic choice, white rice is the perfect base for absorbing the savory flavors of the chicken, paprika, and garlic.
- Vegetable Broth: The liquid gold that ties everything together, vegetable broth infuses your one-pot dish with a savory, comforting essence.
- Salt and Pepper: The dynamic duo for seasoning, salt and pepper add the final touch, ensuring your dish is perfectly balanced and seasoned to perfection.
When it comes to ingredient count, you may notice there are more than five items listed. But fear not – we don’t count kitchen staples like oil, salt and pepper.
The truth is, you probably already have oil, salt and pepper in your kitchen, making this recipe even more convenient. Now, let’s bring these fantastic ingredients together to make a dinner that’s sure to become a household favorite. Let the cooking adventure begin!
How to Make One Pot Chicken and Rice
Enjoy a simple and mouthwatering one-pot chicken and rice recipe. It’s perfect for busy nights and it’s truly delicious.
So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Create the Seasoning Blend
In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make the seasoning. This flavorful blend will be the secret to making your chicken and rice burst with deliciousness.
The smoked paprika adds a subtle smokiness, while garlic powder adds its aromatic touch. Together, they create the perfect coating for a juicy piece of chicken. It’s truly delightful.
Step 2: Season the Chicken Thighs
Place the chicken thighs on a plate and generously cover them with the seasoning. Make sure to cover all sides of the chicken – the top, bottom, and sides. Now every bite of the chicken will be covered with a delicious flavor blend.
Step 3: Sear the Chicken
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add grapeseed oil and the seasoned chicken thighs. Sear each side until beautifully browned. This will give the chicken a golden-brown crust, seal in the juices, and intensify the flavor.
When you are searing your chicken, don’t crowd the pan. Make sure to give each chicken thigh enough space. If the chicken is too close together, it can make it harder for the chicken to sear properly. You want each piece to have direct contact with the hot skillet surface.
Searing the chicken for around 4 minutes per side is all you need. Once browned, remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
Step 4: Prepare the Rice and Broth
Now it time to start making that delicious, fluffy rice. To the same skillet, add white rice and vegetable broth. Scrape off any flavorful bits from the bottom of the pan. This isn’t cleanup – it helps the rice capture every last bit of flavor. Those savory remnants of chicken and seasoning combine with the rice and broth, to make the dish even more delicious.
Once the rice and broth are in the pan, bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. So, the rice can start to cook. Now it will absorb the vegetable flavors in the broth and the flavors of the chicken.
Step 5: Bring It All Together
Finally, return the seared chicken thighs to the skillet, letting them nestle into the flavorful rice and broth mixture.
Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and let the symphony of flavors simmer and meld for 15 to 20 minutes. This gentle cooking process lets the rice absorb the flavors broth, giving the dish a delicious flavor and taste.
Keep an eye on the rice, as the cooking time may vary depending on its size and freshness. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for a perfectly cooked and safe meal.
In just a few easy steps, you’ll have a sensational one-pot chicken and rice dish that’s as simple to make as it is delightful to savor. Get ready for a meal that’s sure to be a hit!
What can you serve with One Pot Chicken and Rice?
When you’re enjoying One Pot Chicken and Rice, the possibilities for side dishes are endless.
Of course, you can pair it with sautéed or steamed vegetables. You can serve it with options like broccoli, carrots, green beans, or Brussels sprouts. The veggies complement the savory notes of the chicken and rice. And they add a slight crunch and burst of freshness to the meal.
If you want another light option, a garden salad is a refreshing choice. Toss a medley of greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and red onions. Top it with your favorite dressing like Greek Yogurt French Salad Dressing, Light and Creamy Balsamic, or Greek Salad Dressing.
For a touch of Mediterranean flair, consider a side of hummus and warm pita bread. The creamy hummus complements the chicken and rice, while the warm pita adds a delightful texture to your dining experience. You can try Skinny Homemade Hummus or Avocado Basil Hummus.
With an array of options, the choice is yours. Choose your favorite side, and enjoy this tasty One Pot Chicken and Rice meal. It’s sure to please.
What can you do with leftover One Pot Chicken and Rice?
When dinner is done, sometimes you have leftovers. But what can you do with them?
Of course you can enjoy them later. And proper storage is key. Once your One Pot Chicken and Rice has cooled, store it in an airtight container and pop it into the fridge. It will stay fresh for up to three to five days.
You can enjoy your leftovers hot or cold. If you plan on reheating it, simply microwave. Just cover your meal with a microwave-safe lid or another plate and heat it until it’s just heated through. You want to make sure that you don’t overcook and dry out your meal.
But, if want to keep it longer, freezing is your best bet. One Pot Chicken and Rice can be frozen for up to one month. Just remember to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Now, if you want to turn your leftovers into a new meal. Here are some tasty options:
- Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry: Sauté leftover chicken with a colorful array of vegetables like bell peppers, broccoli, and snap peas. Toss it all together with a savory stir-fry sauce and serve it over a bed of steamed rice.
- Mediterranean Chicken Wrap: Fill a wrap with leftover chicken, hummus, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta cheese for a Mediterranean-inspired dish.
- Chicken Fried Rice: Transform your leftovers into a flavor-packed fried rice by stir-frying the chicken and rice with a medley of vegetables and soy sauce.
With so many options, you can turn your leftover One Pot Chicken and Rice into so many delicious meals. Don’t let a single spoonful go to waste. Enjoy a fresh and tasty new dish.
When you make One Pot Chicken and Rice, add a comment below and give it a star rating! I love hearing how much your family enjoys these meals, too.
HUNGRY FOR MORE QUICK & EASY RECIPES?
One Pot Chicken and Rice (5 Ingredients Recipe)
Get excited for dinner with this one-pot chicken and rice sensation! Tender, juicy skinless chicken thighs and perfectly fluffy rice, make a meal that’s comforting and delicious. Enjoy the simplicity and flavor of this one-pot wonder – it’s the ultimate weeknight winner!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot Meal, Stovetop
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs (6 to 8 thighs)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (basmati or jasmine)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make seasoning.
- Place chicken thighs on a plate and evenly cover with seasoning.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add oil and chicken to the pan. Sear the chicken until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add rice and broth to the skillet. Scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan. Raise to high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Add chicken back to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetable broth is absorbed (this will depend on the size and freshness of the rice). Cook until chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serving Size: 1/4 meal
- Calories: 766.96kcal
- Sugar: 1.05g
- Sodium: 1498.8mg
- Fat: 32.08g
- Saturated Fat: 7.14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 20.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57.74g
- Fiber: 1.01g
- Protein: 60.26g
- Cholesterol: 290.3mg
Keywords: boneless skinless chicken thighs, 5 ingredients chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!