Rich and creamy blondie bars sweetened with orange juice and baked with dried cranberries.
Looking for a bright and refreshing dessert? Delectably flavoured, Orange Cranberry Bars are bursting with cranberries in each bite. The combination of creamy, orange-flavoured batter and dried cranberries make these blondie bars completely satisfying.
Perfectly balanced sweet and tart, it’s hard not to fall in love with these low fat treats. The combination of orange juice, unsweetened apple sauce, and low fat sour cream give these blondies a lightly sweetened, creamy texture. When paired with dried cranberries, you have one amazing blondie bar.
I love cranberries. They taste like a perfect autumn day – crisp, sweet, and a little tart. (Winter is coming after all!) When they’re dried, you can enjoy cranberries anytime. Orange Cranberry Bars are made with dried cranberries, making them easy to enjoy all year long.
Combining dried cranberries and orange-flavoured batter, these blondies taste like a wonderful Thanksgiving treat. Speaking of Thanksgiving, with Canadian Thanksgiving nearly here, there is so much I am thankful for.
I am thankful for my wonderful husband, my daughter, my parents, and the rest of my family. I am thankful for my health and the time I get to spend with the people I love. I’m thankful for my friends and for everyone who takes the time to read my blog. I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Your likes, comments, and encouragement mean more to me than you will ever know. And they help make me an even happier
Enjoy some delicious Orange Cranberry Bars this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Orange Cranberry Bars
Orange Cranberry Bars are a delectable combination of cranberries and oranges. Perfectly balanced sweet and tart, these blondies are a low fat, scrumptious treat.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberries, dried
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Coat non-stick baking pan (13 x 9) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine orange juice, apple sauce, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix until smooth and mix in cranberries.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
If you love fruit-filled desserts, you may also enjoy Lemon Chocolate Chip Blondies
Have you tried Orange Cranberry Bars? What’s your favourite type of blondie bar?