Perfectly baked fillet of salmon covered with a rich and creamy avocado basil sauce.
I love salmon! When it’s perfectly baked it’s rich, creamy and deliciously flaky. Avocado basil sauce is truly made for salmon. Simply spread the sauce over the fillet before baking and you have a mouth-watering meal that’s ready in only 25 minutes.
When salmon and avocado basil sauce bake together, the sauce seamlessly heightens all of the best attributes of the fish, making it richer, creamier and even more delicious. A rich fish with a velvety sauce, this healthy dinner is pure comfort food!
The combination of avocado, Greek yogurt, basil, lemon, honey and garlic creates a velvety sauce that’s rich and smooth. The basil adds a light peppery flavour that balances the tart lemon and sweet honey flavour. The end result is a luscious sauce, perfect for fish or even your favourite cracker. You can enjoy the leftover avocado basil sauce as a simple guacamole style appetizer or as a side dish, with baked or steamed veggies.
Salmon with Avocado Basil Sauce is so simple to make. In a food processor, combine avocado, Greek yogurt, basil, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest and garlic. Puree until the sauce is smooth like cream. Every bite of the sauce will have the ideal balance of creamy, savoury and sweet.
For the last step, spread the sauce over a fillet and bake. In less than 25 minutes you have a richly flavoured piece of salmon crusted with a crave-worthy sauce.
Salmon with Avocado Basil Sauce
Amplify salmon’s natural rich flavours with avocado and basil. Every bite of the salmon is creamy, dreamy and filled with the luscious flavours of pureed avocado, basil, lemon and honey.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1 avocado, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (9 to 10 basil leaves)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a food processor, combine avocado, Greek yogurt, basil, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest and garlic. Puree until smooth.
- Place salmon on baking pan covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle onion powder and salt over salmon. Spoon and spread avocado basil mixture evenly oven salmon fillet.
- Bake salmon for 10 to 12 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
If you love salmon, you may also enjoy Salmon with Avocado Salsa
If you love avocados, you may also enjoy Creamy Avocado Pasta
Have you tried Salmon with Avocado Basil Sauce? Do you enjoy avocados or fresh basil? What’s your favourite way to eat salmon?