Short on time and looking for a delicious dinner? Sheet Pan Meatloaf is the perfect weeknight meal! Not only is it quick and easy to make, but shaping it thin and flat gets it to your table even faster.
Alright, let’s talk meatloaf. It’s a classic recipe, and for good reason. It’s delicious!
But, making it can be a bit of a pain. Since it’s usually made as a loaf, this thick meat can take a really long time to fully cook. As it cooks, the edges can dry out and that once tasty sauce can burn. Or you need to reapply it over and over again while it bakes.
Luckily, with Sheet Pan Meatloaf, you have all the flavor of the classic dish, but it’s ready in half the time. It’s like the super fast version of this tasty meal. In fact, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Sheet Pan Meatloaf tastes just like a classic meatloaf, but flattened and cooked on a sheet pan. That means it cooks faster and more evenly. And since it’s thinner, you don’t have to worry about the edges drying out while the center cooks.
And here’s the best part – you get even more flavor with Sheet Pan Meatloaf. The sweet and tangy sauce is spread evenly over more of the meatloaf, so every bite is packed with flavor. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the sauce burning, because it cooking in less time.
All you need is a baking sheet and a few basic ingredients, and you’re on your way to a tasty family dinner.
If you love meat dishes, check out these other tasty beef recipes, Easy Black Bean and Beef Tacos, Easy Cranberry Angus Beef Meatballs, Skillet Tortellini with Sausage, and Easy One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs.
Quick and Easy Meatloaf recipe
This one-pan meal is the ultimate timesaver for busy weeknights. It’s a perfect dish for those days when you’re too tired to cook, but still want to serve something delicious and homemade.
The best part is that Sheet Pan Meatloaf is incredibly easy to make. Simply mix the ingredients in a bowl, add it to a sheet pan, top it with the sauce, and bake. That’s it! And since it all cooks together on one pan, there’s minimal cleanup involved.
With sheet pan meatloaf, you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to get a satisfying meal on the table. It’s quick, easy, and delicious – the perfect recipe for any busy family.
Plus, unlike classic meatloafs, this one cooks in half the time. But, it tastes just as delicious. And you can have it on your table in less than 30 minutes.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Give it a try and see for yourself just how easy and tasty it can be! It’s sure to become a new favorite at your dinner table!
Ingredients for easy sheet pan meatloaf
Easy Sheet Pan Meatloaf is an incredible dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights. It’s a delicious one-pan meal that you can prep ahead of time and it only takes 15 minutes to bake.
So, even on your busiest nights, you can whip up this classic meal. And with its hearty flavor and wholesome ingredients, you can be sure that this meatloaf will be a real hit!
Let’s get started.
- Lean ground beef – Using lean ground beef in meatloaf is a healthy option. It reduces the overall fat of the dish and it’s a good source of protein. Plus, since it’s lean, it won’t shrink a lot while it cooks, which helps it maintain its meatloaf shape.
- Italian bread crumbs – With a combination of herbs, spices, and a cheesy flavor, Italian bread crumbs amp up the flavor of the dish. The bread crumbs also help bind the meat and hold it together.
- Tomato sauce – With a rich, tangy flavor, tomato sauce helps to keep the meatloaf moist and delicious. The acidity in the sauce also helps to tenderize the meat, making it more tender and tasty.
- Ketchup – A classic meatloaf ingredient, ketchup adds flavor and moisture to the dish. The sugar in ketchup also helps to create a slightly caramelized crust on the outside of the meatloaf, adding a touch of sweetness to balance the savory flavors.
- Mustard – With a tangy flavor, mustard complements the savory taste of the meat. The acidity in the mustard balances the richness of the meatloaf, making it more delicious.
- Brown Sugar – With a touch of sweetness, brown sugar complements the savory flavors of the dish. It also helps to caramelize the exterior of the meatloaf, giving it a delicious sweet and savory crust. Plus, it’s a natural tenderizer, that helps keep the meatloaf moist and flavorful.
- Sour cream – Adding moisture and tanginess, sour cream balances out the savory flavors of the dish. It also helps the meat stay moist and delicious while it bakes.
- Worcestershire sauce – Enhancing the meaty flavor, Worcestershire sauce adds a savory richness to the dish. The umami taste makes the meatloaf more complex and interesting.
- Garlic cloves – When minced, garlic cloves adds a savory, pungent flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
- Egg – Helping to bind the meat together, egg moistens the meat and holds it in its sheet pan meatloaf shape.
- Parsley – With a subtle herb flavor, parsley helps to flavor the meat and makes the dish more delicious.
Can you freeze sheet pan meatloaf?
Definitely! Sheet Pan Meatloaf can be made ahead of time as a freezer meal. All you need to do is prepare your meatloaf in a disposable tin foil container and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Then, put the sauce in a small plastic bag and cover both the meatloaf and sauce with tin foil. You can keep it in the freezer for up to three months.
When you’re ready to enjoy your Sheet Pan Meatloaf, simply defrost it in the fridge overnight and remove the plastic wrap before baking it in the oven. And voila! You’ll have a scrumptious dish that tastes like it was made fresh!
Freezer cooking is a game-changer when it comes to making dinner time easier. It’s a lifesaver for those hectic days when you don’t have the time or energy to make dinner. Even if your schedule is jam-packed, you can still serve up a mouth-watering, homemade meal.
If you’re new to freezer cooking, don’t worry! It’s much simpler than you might think. And if you’re looking for a helpful guide to walk you through the process, check out Meals in Minutes. This easy-to-follow plan shows you how to make three months’ worth of delectable dinners, complete with meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more. So you can enjoy a homemade dinner without any added stress.
How to make sheet pan meatloaf
Sheet Pan Meatloaf is the ultimate comforting weeknight meal. And it tastes just like classic meatloaf, but it’s ready in half the time.
So why wait?
Try this tasty dish tonight and see for yourself just how delicious and easy it can be! It’s sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters in your family.
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C)
Baking your meatloaf at 425°F is a game-changer. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re in for a treat! This high temperature locks in the natural juices, resulting in a flavorful and juicy meatloaf. Best of all, it’s a great way to get dinner on the table faster, which is perfect for busy weeknights.
STEP 2: MAKE THE MEATLOAF
The meatloaf is an absolute breeze to make. Simply combine the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. You only need: lean ground beef, Italian bread crumbs, tomato sauce, ketchup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, egg, and parsley.
Just mix everything together, and voila! Your meatloaf is prepped.
STEP 3: MAKE THE Sauce
With just three simple ingredients you can make a delicious meatloaf sauce. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup. Mix it all together and your sauce is ready to go.
STEP 4: Form THE MEATLOAF
Now it’s time to put it all together. Evenly press the meatloaf into 9×13 foil covered baking sheet. Keep it as even and flat as possible, this helps it cook evenly in the oven.
Once it’s smooth, cover the meatloaf with the sauce. And place a larger baking sheet underneath to catch any spill off while it bakes.
STEP 5: BAKE and Broil
Simply pop it in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes and then broil it for 3 to 4 minutes. Broiling after baking gives it that perfect crust.
When it’s done, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Ground beef is safe to eat when it’s reached an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
STEP 6: REST
Letting your meatloaf rest can make a big difference. When meatloaf comes out of the oven, it’s piping hot and the juices are bubbling inside. If you cut into it right away, it will lose some of its natural juices and tender texture.
By letting the meatloaf sit for just 5 minutes, the natural juices can rest, and each bite will be moist, delicious, and even more flavorful. You’ll love the results.
what can you serve with meatloaf?
Since meatloaf is such a classic comfort food, it can be serve with so many different side dishes. Whether you prefer classic sides or want to keep it light and healthy, there are plenty of options to choose from.
If you prefer the classic flavors, you can serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or macaroni and cheese (oven baked or stovetop). These options are sure to please! And make your dinner extra comforting.
But, if you’re looking for some healthier options, try a side salad, steamed vegetables, or roasted sweet potatoes. These are a great way to add some nutrients to your meal without sacrificing any flavor.
Of course, you can also go with good old bread. You can serve your meatloaf with garlic bread, cornbread, or even biscuits. The bread will help to soak up any extra sauce and add some texture to your meal.
When it comes to meatloaf, the possibilities for sides are endless. So, next time you’re making meatloaf, pair it with some delicious sides to make a meal that’s comforting and satisfying.
What can you do with leftover sheet pan meatloaf?
When you have leftover meatloaf, don’t let it go to waste! There are plenty of delicious ways to transform your leftovers into a new, delicious meal.
First things first, let’s talk about storing your leftover meatloaf. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, up to three months. Just be sure to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
There are a few ways to use those leftovers to make a tasty, new meal:
- Meatloaf Sandwich – This may be the most obvious choice and for good reason – it’s delicious! Toast some bread, slather some mustard, add a slice of cheese, onions, or tomatoes and you have a tasty sandwich.
- Meatloaf Shepherd’s Pie – This is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes, too. Layer the mashed potatoes over the meatloaf, and bake until heated through.
- Meatloaf Mac and Cheese – This comfort food dish is sure to please. Simply add the chopped meatloaf to the cheese sauce before combining it with the noodles. And you have a new tasty meal.
Leftover meatloaf doesn’t have to be the same meal or go to waste. You can easily transform it into a whole new meal. So next time you make meatloaf, make a little extra – you’ll be glad you did!
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Sheet Pan Meatloaf
With the flavor of traditional meatloaf and a tasty, 3-ingredient sauce, Sheet Pan Meatloaf cooks up in only 15 minutes. It’s quick, easy, and sure to please.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the meatloaf ingredients: ground beef, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, ketchup, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, egg, parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients: sugar, mustard, and ketchup.
- Evenly press meatloaf into 9×13 foil covered baking sheet. Cover with sauce. Place larger baking sheet underneath to catch any spill off while it bakes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Then broil for 3 to 4 minutes. Cook until the meatloaf has an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/4 meatloaf
- Calories: 337.8kcal
- Sugar: 10.14g
- Sodium: 78.41mg
- Fat: 20.36g
- Saturated Fat: 3.04g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.26g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.26g
- Fiber: 1.74g
- Protein: 26.18g 5
- Cholesterol: 69.17mg
Keywords: quick and easy meatloaf, 30 minute meatloaf recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!