Made with simple, household staples, Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta can be ready in 20 minutes. But it will taste like you’ve been cooking all day.
Looking for a quick and delicious dinner? Simple Garlic Marinara Sauce tastes like the perfect balance of tomato, herbs, and garlic. It’s not overly tart or extremely herb based. This pasta is truly simple – simply flavoured and simple to prepare. Talk about a perfect dinner!
Sometimes you have the time to prepare a meal filled with fresh ingredients. Other times, you’re lucky to have anything prepared. Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta is the perfect meal for any night, especially when you have 20 minutes to throw a dinner together.
We always have a few staples in our house – onions, garlic, dried herbs, and a can of diced tomatoes. Luckily, that’s all you need to make Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta. There’s no need to pick up any special ingredients. Just raid your spice rack, sauté some onions and garlic, and throw in a can of diced tomatoes. In 20 minutes you have a delectable dinner with a perfect marinara sauce.
Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta was inspired by the marinara sauces in Penne Marinara with Tuna Meatballs, Tomato Herb Rice, and Cheese Gnocchi. Unlike these other sauces, Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta doesn’t use any fresh herbs. Don’t get me wrong, I love fresh herbs, but sometimes you simply don’t have any on hand. With Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta you won’t miss the fresh herbs. A combination of dried oregano and basil work perfectly.
Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta
There’s nothing like a simply delicious meal. Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta is a quick and easy meal that’s truly tasty. Made with common, household staples, this flavourful pasta can be ready in 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 to 5 1x
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat sauté onions in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in oregano, basil, sugar, and salt, 2 to 3 minutes, or until brown. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes. Heat to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender, carefully puree pasta sauce.
- Stir in corn starch. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Add pasta. Mix well to combine.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love simple and delicious dinners, you may also enjoy Mushroom Smothered Salmon
Have you tried Simple Garlic Marinara Pasta? What’s your favourite simple dinner? What’s your go-to pasta recipe?