Asian-inspired and never greasy, this “fried” rice is the perfect skinny meal.
One pan dinners are simply the best. Not only do I love the quick, one dish clean-up, but when all the ingredients cook together, the flavour is like nothing else.
I love fried rice, but I often find it too oily and greasy in restaurants. This delicious, healthier alternative, is definitely not a traditional fried rice, but it is full of flavour. And it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
You won’t miss the butter and loads of oil in this tasty, Asian-inspired dish.
Skinny Salmon 'Fried' Rice
Brown rice, salmon, egg whites, and peas – what’s not to love? Skinny Salmon “Fried” Rice is a complete meal that can be ready in under 30 minutes. You don’t have to feel guilty eating this full-flavoured, low fat dish.
- 1 (7 ounce) can of salmon, drained and flaked
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 6 tablespoons egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add peas and green onions, cook for 3 to 5 minutes until peas are hot. Carefully add salmon and rice, drizzle with remaining oil, and stir-fry for a few minutes to heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Push rice mixture to sides of skillet and add beaten eggs. Scramble until eggs set. Stir into rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce, vegetable broth, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes and serve.
If you love rice, you may also enjoy Tomato Herb Rice
If you love asian recipes, you may also enjoy Miso Glazed Salmon
Do you like fried rice? Have you tried this lighter version?