If you love summertime food, Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins are the perfect snack for you. Each muffin is bursting with strawberry lemon flavour. You can almost drink it up!
Hello, summer weather! I just can’t get over how beautiful it is today. Instead of hopping in the car, I just want to walk everywhere. The sun is shining, there is not a cloud in the sky, and there is a little breeze in the air that’s perfectly refreshing.
When it comes to summer food, there’s nothing more refreshing than lemonade. It’s cool, it’s sweet, and it just screams summertime. Lemonade flavoured foods are just as wonderful. Each bite is filled with the refreshing flavours with lemon and when it’s baked into muffins, it is even tastier.
Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins is filled with all the flavours of this sweet summertime drink. With a perfect balance of sweet and tart, each bite is filled with a lightly sweetened strawberry and lemon flavour.
If you enjoy a light and fluffy muffin, you’ll love these Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins. Since they are made with Greek yogurt, they have a light and creamy texture, which helps them stay moist for days. Plus, the apple sauce helps them stay fresh tasting. Even by the third day, these muffins still taste freshly baked. (Well, if there are any muffins left by then).
Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins make a perfect snack. They fit perfectly in your hand and are so portable. You can take them everywhere, even as you rush outside to enjoy the outdoors.
Like a tall glass of lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade Muffins are so satisfying. But you may want to eat more than one. I know I do!Print
Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
Fill up a glass (or maybe a plate) of these yummy Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins. You don’t have to wait for a hot summer’s day to enjoy these treats. They are refreshing any day of the year.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients: yogurt, honey, milk, apple sauce, egg whites, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Pour wet mixture into dry. Stir just enough to blend. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill each tin.
- Bake muffins for 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffin tops are lightly browned.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
If you love muffins, you may also enjoy Skinny Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Want to Remember this? Save Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins to your favorite food and recipe Pinterest Board!