Graham cracker cups filled with melted chocolate and golden-brown marshmallows.
I love s’mores. Chunks of chocolate and roasted marshmallows sandwiched between crispy graham crackers is truly a classic treat. As much as I love them, I always have one little problem – it always falls apart.
The first bite is perfect, everything is just where it’s supposed to be. By the second or third bite, s’mores become a delicious mess. First, the graham crackers break and then the marshmallow and chocolate follow. So you end up eating it all way too fast or losing half of it on the floor.
With S’mores Bites, this is never a problem. Graham cracker cups are both soft and crunchy. When you take a bite, the cups are lightly crispy around the edges, but they’re still chewy enough on the inside to hold everything right where it’s supposed to be. Bite after bite, the chocolate and marshmallow are perfectly cradled by the graham cracker cups.
When they first come out of the oven, the marshmallows are golden brown and fluffy. As they cool, the marshmallows shrink a little, letting them meld into the S’more Bite. Once the bites have cooled and you can remove them from the pan, you’ll be able to enjoy all the delicious graham-choco-marshmallow goodness.
S’mores Bites are so easy to make. In just 20 minutes, you can create all of the flavours of the campfire in your kitchen. Simply use a food processor to crumble up the graham crackers into to soft, flour-like consistency. These crumbs will be used to form the graham cracker cups.
You won’t need to add any butter or oil to form the cups. Brown sugar and milk are all that’s needed. Even without the added fat, the dough is easy to mould. Simply press the dough evenly into the mini muffin tin. Make sure it coats the bottom and up along the sides. This gives the cups their elegant shape.
Try not to watch the oven too closely. Now it’s time to wait. After 10 minutes in the oven, you’ll have perfect little graham cracker cups. Add some chocolate chips and half a large marshmallow and your s’more treats are nearly done. Bake the bites for another 2 minutes and then broil for 1 more minute to give the marshmallow a golden-brown hue.
All done! Easy peasy s’more squeezy!
S’mores Bites are a dressed up, classier versions of your favourite s’mores. Baked in mini graham cracker cups, S’more Bites are a kid-friendly treat, for kids of any age.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 14 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 large marshmallows, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using a food processor, grind up the graham crackers until they are finely crushed.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, milk, and brown sugar.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Evenly divide crumb mixture into 12 muffins tins. Press into tins to form small cups. The crumb mixture should cover all sides of the muffin tin, forming a cup.
- Bake cups for 10 minutes, or until lightly crispy.
- Remove from oven, add 5 to 6 chocolate chips into each cup. Top with half a marshmallow, cut side down.
- Bake for 2 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until marshmallow is golden brown.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing from tin.
Note: S’more Bites last for a couple days in a sealed container, but they taste best fresh out of the oven. So enjoy them while they’re hot!
If you love S’more Bites, you may also enjoy Campfire Blondies
If you love chocolate, you may also enjoy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Have you tried S’mores Bites? What’s your favourite chocolate and marshmallow treat?