There’s nothing like s’mores in the summertime. Whether it’s made over a campfire or baked into cookies, they are always an ooey gooey yummy summer treat!
Maybe it’s all the summers I spent at camp, but I have a serious love for s’mores. With perfectly roasted marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers, s’mores are simply delicious.
S’mores Cookies combine the best of s’mores with the best of cookies. Each one begins with a soft baked vanilla cookie, chocolate chips, and finishes off with a roasted marshmallow. Yum!
With the melt in your mouth flavour of s’mores and the ease of baking in your oven, S’mores Cookies are bound to be a family favourite. When I first told my now four-year-old daughter about them (I’ll share more about her birthday later), she got so excited. “S’mores that are cookies!” she exclaimed with a giggle.
Watching these cookies bake in the oven, I felt the same type of giddiness. With the mouth-watering smell of cookies baking, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from them. The cookies lightly spread out, letting them bake to perfection, while the marshmallow roasted on top.
When I saw the marshmallows starting to roast, I almost exclaimed “Yes! It’s working.” Each marshmallow had a perfect golden glow. They looked better than any marshmallow I can ever make over a fire. Maybe I get a little impatient, but somehow my campfire roasted marshmallows always get a little burned, leaving them with a charred outside and a gooey middle.
These S’mores Cookies marshmallows, are anything but burned. They are effortlessly cooked in the oven and come out making you feel like a marshmallow maven. Each cookie is topped with a tasty golden marshmallow treat.
S’mores Cookies are soft and chewy on the inside, but gently crispy on the outside. When you bite into the marshmallow in the middle, they become a seriously tasty summer treat.Print
Luscious and low fat, S’mores Cookies are truly melt in your mouth delicious. With a soft-baked consistency, ooey gooey chocolate chips, and roasted marshmallows, you won’t believe how amazing these cookies are.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 cup mini marshmallows (1 marshmallow per cookie)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine.
- When dough comes together, stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough into balls. Place cookies on parchment covered cookie sheet. Press a mini marshmallow in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love summer inspired recipes, you may also enjoy Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
Have you tried S’mores Cookies? What’s your favourite type of cookie? What’s your favourite summer inspired treat?