Enjoy some strawberry bites covered with a graham cracker crust and a swirl of creamy chocolate cheesecake. Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are a perfectly sweet treat.
Spring may be here, but our weather has been looking a little more wintery than spring-like. With snow, strong winds, and hail (yes, hail), our typical April showers seem like a distant memory. Hopefully, spring will be here in time to give us some cheerful May flowers.
While mother nature clears things up, I’m going to bundle up inside and enjoy some decadent desserts. If the weather is going to be sour, at least the treats are sweet. Right?
Is there anything better than chocolate and strawberries? It’s a perfect marriage of flavours that gets even better when the chocolate is cheesecake.
If you love sweet chocolate treats, this dessert is for you. With the natural sweetness of strawberries, a lightly crispy graham cracker crust, and a rich bit of chocolate cheesecake, these mini desserts are truly delicious.
Strawberry season may be a few months away, but they’re still one of my favourite fruits. Whether you pick them off the bush in the summer or indulge in them from the grocer, those sweet, juicy berries are always calling my name.
When I was a kid, I could sit and eat a whole package of strawberries on my own. Berry after berry, I just couldn’t get enough of their sweet, summery flavour. I may not devour them like I used to, but I still love those bright red berries. Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are a fun way to enjoy your berries and indulge in a chocolate cheesecake craving. (Yes, I get those sometimes!!)
Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are really the right name for this treat because it all starts with the berry. To start, you can cut each strawberry lengthwise. This way, each bite still has a little stem to hold on to.
Once all the berries are cut in half, dip them, cut side down, into the graham cracker crumbs. You don’t need any butter for this crust. The juice from the berries acts like a glue, holding the crumb crust in place.
Now comes the cheesecake. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a sandwich bag to make the chocolate cheesecake swirl. Simply spoon the chocolate cheesecake into the bag. Try to get most of it into one of the bottom corners. Once it’s full, twirl the bag to tighten it. Then you can snip off the bottom corner and, when you’re ready, add the cheesecake.
A little swirl, right in the middle of the berry, is all that you need to give them a delicious chocolate cheesecake flavour. When you bite into the Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites, you can really taste it all – the juicy berry, the graham cracker crust and the decadent chocolate cheesecake.Print
Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
With the taste of strawberry and chocolate cheesecake, Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites are overflowing with yummy flavour. The combination of strawberry, graham cracker crumble and chocolate cheesecake, make this skinny dessert completely irresistible. It’s a perfect treat for kids and adults alike. No one can get enough of these sweet and creamy treats.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- 10 to 15 strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (3 graham crackers)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Slice strawberries in half, lengthwise. Each half should have a portion of the stem intact. Set aside.
- Break graham crackers into crumbs. You can use a small food processor or break the crackers between your fingers until it is a fine crumb.
- Dip strawberries, cut side down, into graham cracker crumbs.
- Add cheesecake mixture to a piping bag or a sandwich bag. If using a sandwich bag, cut the bottom corner to create a space for the cheesecake to come out.
- Place a little chocolate cheesecake swirl on top of the graham cracker crumb.
If you love strawberries, you may also enjoy Strawberry Bread
If you love cheesecake, you may also enjoy Healthy Blueberry Cheesecake
Want to Remember this? Save Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites to your favorite food and recipe Pinterest Board!