There’s nothing like strawberry and chocolate. Vanilla flavoured cookie dough, loaded with strawberries and chocolate chips create a perfectly luscious cookie. Yum!
I have to admit, I needed to make a couple batches of these cookies so they would come out just right. The first batch came out a little thick and cakey, but after a little tweaking, these cookies are truly perfect. With a soft-baked consistency, strawberries, and ooey gooey chocolate chips, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly melt in your mouth delicious.
After you take a bite of these cookies, you’ll ask yourself, “How are these cookies low fat?” Well, they are! With apple sauce, egg white, and strawberries, these cookies are soft and chewy on the inside, but gently crispy on the outside.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Luscious and low fat, Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly melt in your mouth delicious. With a soft-baked consistency, strawberries, and ooey gooey chocolate chips, you won’t believe how amazing these cookies are.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 to 18 1x
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl combine apple sauce, eggs, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Mix to combine.
- The dough will seem very stiff and crumbly until the strawberries are added. Stir in strawberry. When dough comes together stir in chocolate chips.
- Place cookies on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love strawberries, you may also enjoy Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
If you love chocolate, you may also enjoy Chocolate Apple Nachos
Have you tried Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies? What’s your favourite type of cookie? What’s your favourite way to enjoy strawberries and chocolate?