We found out if we’re having a baby boy or a baby girl. Open the box to find out.
A surprise box is so much fun. Whether it’s a baby gender reveal, a birthday surprise, or a showering of love, a surprise box is always exciting. There’s nothing like the look on someone’s face when they open a box and a bouquet of balloons pop up. Suprise!
To tell our toddler daughter if she was going to have a baby brother or baby sister we decided to decorate a big cardboard box with baby neutral wrapping paper. The paper has a light green colour and it’s covered with adorable baby images. There are baby blocks, pacifiers, strollers, bottles, handprints, footprints, diapers, hearts, stars, and flowers. Each one is either pink, blue, purple, orange, yellow, or green. This way, the box keeps the surprise until it’s opened.
We used blue and pink ribbon to keep the box closed. Once the ribbon is opened the balloons reveal whether the baby is going to be a boy or a girl.
Before I continue, I have to add that I am completely happy either way. If we have a baby boy, I will be thrilled. And if we have another girl, I will be equally excited. All I want is a happy, healthy baby. This gender reveal is simply a fun way of telling our three-year-old daughter. When we saw how much she enjoyed the balloon reveal, we shared it with her grandparents.
Now, it’s your turn to open the box.
We are having a baby …
GIRL!! We’re having another girl!!
We can’t wait to welcome this little bundle of joy into our family!!! Our daughter has been wishing for a baby sister and we are so happy that her dreams (and ours) are coming true. And of course, I am so happy to share our wonderful news with all of you.Print
Surprise Box and Exciting News
A wonderful surprise for a special someone! A surprise box is a special way to share some exciting news or show someone how much you care.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1
- cardboard box
- wrapping paper
- balloons (filled wth helium)
- clear tape
- Wrap a cardboard box in wrapping paper. Cover all sides and flaps, so it looks like an evenly covered gift.
- Measure a long strand of ribbon, so it is long enough to fit around the box with excess ribbon to tie closed. Tape to the bottom of the box.
- Place ribbon on each helium filled balloons. With tape, attach the balloon’s ribbon to the bottom of the box. This way, when the box is opened, the balloons will fly up, but not away.
- Gently push the balloons down and into the box.
- Close the box with ribbon. Tie ribbon with a knot or a bow.
- Surprise a special someone or share your own exciting news!
If you love homemade gifts, you may also enjoy Polka Dot Fingerprint Flower Pot
Have you made a surprise box? Do you enjoy surprises for yourself or others?