A veggie-packed pasta sauce with puréed tomatoes, carrots and fresh basil.
Do you ever have that perfect moment? The clouds part, the sun shines down and everything is wonderful. Sure, I may sound like a Disney princess (we’ve been watching a lot of Frozen lately), but perfect moments really do happen.
Tomato Carrot Pasta Sauce has a little bit of that perfect moment magic. Whenever I make it, I feel like a Supermom (or a singing and dancing princess). Let me explain:
Veggie packed dinner – check
Ready in under 30 minutes – double check
Truly delicious – triple check
Oh, I can hear the singing. Maybe it’s just me humming a happy tune, but this pasta sauce could really be a song.
The combination of tomatoes and carrots is truly delicious. The two veggies perfectly compliment each other. Carrots add a depth of flavour and a light sweetness to the sauce, which helps to eliminate the tart flavour that often accompanies tomato sauces. The tomatoes make the sauce an easy sell to the rest of the family. They’ll think it’s just a regular tomato sauce, instead of a super healthy, veggie packed pasta sauce.
Just look at the chunks of tomatoes and carrots in the picture below. Doesn’t it just look amazing? When you add garlic, fresh basil, oregano, and parsley it creates a perfectly balanced pasta sauce. I could eat a whole batch of it right now. It’s fresh, fabulous, and totally delicious.Print
Tomato Carrot Pasta Sauce
Looking for a fresh, fabulous veggie packed pasta sauce? Tomato Carrot Pasta Sauce is a dream meal. It’s full of flavour, vegetables, and it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baby carrots, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat sauté garlic in olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boil, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. With an immersion blender, carefully puree pasta sauce.
- Add pasta to sauce. Plate and enjoy!
If you love healthy pasta, you may also enjoy Cheesy Red Pepper Pasta
Have you tried Tomato Carrot Pasta Sauce? What’s your favourite way to hide fruit/veggies in your meal?