Looking for a quick and delicious dinner? Tuscan Baked Chicken is the answer! This mouthwatering dish is not only bursting with flavor, but it’s also ready in just 30 minutes. So, whether you’re entertaining or enjoying a cozy night in, Tuscan Baked Chicken is sure to become a new favorite meal.
There’s something about food that’s completely magical. The smells, the taste, and every little thing about it can take you to another time, another place.
This flavorful dish can transport you to the hills of Tuscany with every bite. With the delicious combinations of oil, vinegar, lemon juice, plus some herbs and spices, this Italian inspired chicken dish is sure to hit spot. And leave everyone saying, “Mmm, that’s good!” Once you do take that first bite, you’ll just want some more.
Tuscan Baked Chicken is so perfect for busy weeknights or easy entertaining. It can be prepared in just 30 minutes. That means you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table less time, without sacrificing any flavor.
You can pair it with a wide variety of sides. From roasted vegetables to a simple salad, or even some crusty bread. This Mediterranean style meal is so versatile. Plus, the leftovers (if there are any!) can be used in a number of ways, from topping a salad to enhancing a pasta.
As a bonus, Tuscan Baked Chicken recipe is also dairy-free, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and low carb.
If you love chicken, check out these other tasty chicken recipes, Creamy Cheesy Chicken, Roasted Chicken Adobo, Smoky Baked Chicken Breasts, Easy Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken, Easy Asian Chicken, Greek Lemon Chicken and Baked Chicken Parmesan.
Quick and Easy Italian Chicken Dish
Tuscan Baked Chicken is a delicious dish that you’ll want to make again and again. This classic meal has roots that date back centuries to the hills of Tuscany, Italy.
If you haven’t heard of it before, Tuscan Baked Chicken originated in the rural areas of Tuscany. People used whatever ingredients they had to flavor the chicken, often using a mix of herbs and spices to bring out its natural flavor.
Over time, it became a staple of Tuscan cuisine, with variations of the dish found in homes and restaurants throughout the region.
One of the best things about Tuscan Baked Chicken is its simplicity. You just need a few basic ingredients to create a dish that’s bursting with flavor. Simply combine chicken with oil, vinegar, lemon juice, plus some herbs and spices, and you have a meal that’s enjoyed around the world.
Once you’ve marinated the chicken, the rest is a breeze! All you have to do is cook it until it’s tender and juicy, making it a super easy and fuss-free dish.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
Give it a try and see why it’s such a beloved part of Tuscan culture and beyond. It’s truly the perfect way to celebrate the flavors of Tuscany and bring a little bit of Italian flavor to your home.
Do you need to marinate Tuscan Backed Chicken?
You don’t need to marinate the chicken, but it really amps up the flavor. When it comes to marinating, you don’t need to marinate it for hours and hours. Simply marinating it for just 30 minutes is enough time to infuse the chicken with all the delicious flavors.
Of course, you can marinate it longer. This will give you a richer and more flavor dish. And it will help to keep the chicken juicy while it’s cooking.
But, don’t go overboard. You don’t want to marinate it for more than 48 hours. If you do, you’ll end up with chicken that’s too soft and mushy, and nobody wants that!
So, whether you’re marinating for a little bit or overnight, just make sure not to overdo it. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for it.
Can you use another cut of chicken?
Definitely! Tuscan Baked Chicken is one of those dishes that you can whip up with any type of chicken – bone-in or boneless.
Now, if you’re using chicken drumsticks or thighs, they’ll need a bit more time to cook. You’ll want to bake them for around 34 to 40 minutes at 425°F (230°C) to get that tender, juicy result.
Whatever cut of chicken you use, always cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) to make sure it’s safe to eat.
Ingredients for Tuscan Baked Chicken
Tuscan Baked Chicken is a simple dish that’s really satisfying. All you need are some simple, everyday items that you likely already have in your kitchen. And dinner will be ready in just 30 minutes!
So, what are you waiting for? Gather up those ingredients and let’s get cooking. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for it.
- Chicken breasts – This recipe is made with skinless and boneless chicken. It can also be made with another another cut of chicken. You’ll just need to adjust the cooking time. Bone in chicken takes longer to cook than chicken breasts.
- Grapeseed oil – With a neutral flavor, this versatile oil lets the other ingredients shine. When it comes to health, grapeseed oil is a perfect choice because it has a high smoked point. This means that it can withstand high temperatures without burning or smoking. And this is what you want to look for when cooking chicken at high temperatures.
- Red wine vinegar – It adds a bold, tangy taste that compliments the chicken. The acidity also tenderizes the chicken, making it more flavorful and juicy.
- Lemon juice – With a bright, fresh flavor, lemon juice adds a delicious tart flavor. The acidity also tenderized the meat, making it even more delicious.
- Garlic powder – With a strong and pungent flavor, garlic powder complements the tangy vinegar and lemon juice in the sauce. Best of all, this pantry staple is so easy to use and it’s always delicious and nutritious.
- Onion powder – With a subtle savory flavor, onion powder complements the other ingredients. And it adds to the tasty sauce that’s perfect for baked chicken.
- Basil – Its sweet and slightly peppery flavor pairs well with chicken. It can add a subtle flavor without overpowering the other ingredients. And it’s the perfect addition to Italian-inspired dishes.
- Oregano – Its robust and slightly bitter flavor adds to the overall taste without overpowering it. This versatile herb complements the other flavors in this delicious chicken dish.
- Red pepper flakes – Adding a heat and spice to this dish, red pepper flakes help to balance the other flavors. The light heat makes the dish ever tastier.
- Salt & Pepper – Easily adjust this seasoning to taste. Simply prepare the Tuscan sauce and give it a taste before adding it to the chicken.
Can You Make Tuscan Baked Chicken as a Freezer Meal?
Absolutely! Freezer cooking is an excellent way to save time and make dinnertime more manageable. And Tuscan Baked Chicken makes a great freezer meal.
Simply prepare the marinade and add it to a freezer bag along with the chicken breasts. Then, freeze it for up to 6 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy the chicken, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, remove the chicken from the freezer bag and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Finally, pop it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Cook the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) so it’s safe to eat.
It’s really that easy!
Freezer cooking is perfect for those busy days when you don’t have time to prepare dinner. It can make dinnertime a breeze and help you serve a satisfying, homemade meal even on your busy, busy nights.
If you’re new to freezer cooking, don’t worry! It’s easier than you might think.
And if you’re looking for a guide that walks you through the process, check out Meals in Minutes. With this easy-to-follow plan, you can make three months worth of delicious dinners. It includes meal plans, shopping lists, freezer labels, and more!
HOW TO MAKE Tuscan Baked Chicken
Whether you’re cooking for your family or hosting a gathering, this recipe is a must-try. It’s a keto-friendly, dairy-free, gluten-free, and low-carb dish that’s sure to please.
It’s also quick and easy to make. With a handful of simple ingredients and easy instructions, you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this tasty chicken dish tonight and see just how delicious and easy it can be!
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C)
If you’ve never baked chicken at 425°F before, you’re in for a real treat! It’s a total game-changer.
Cooking chicken breasts at a higher temperature helps to lock in its natural juices. So you have a more succulent and flavorful dish.
Plus, it also cuts down the cooking time, making it a real win-win for busy weeknights.
STEP 2: MAKE THE SAUCE
Making the Tuscan sauce is a piece of cake, and it’s so incredibly delicious! You don’t need any fancy ingredients. You just need a handful of simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
To make your sauce, simply use a small bowl. And add all of the sauce ingredients – grapeseed oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
Mix everything together, and there you have it! Your Tuscan sauce is good to go, and your chicken is going to be a whole new level of yumminess.
STEP 3: FLAVOR THE CHICKEN
Marinating your chicken is an easy way to boost its flavor. To do this, simply add the chicken to a large bowl, container, or a one-gallon freezer bag. Then pour the Tuscan sauce over it. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours before baking.
But if you’re short on time, don’t worry! You can still make Tuscan Baked Chicken without marinating it. The sauce alone is enough to add incredible flavor to the dish. Whether you decide to marinate the chicken or not, you’ll end up with a mouthwatering dish that everyone will love.
When you’re ready to bake, simply place the chicken breasts on a parchment covered baking sheet, and you’re ready to go!
STEP 4: BAKE
Tuscan Baked Chicken is one of those dishes that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
Simply pop the chicken in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. It’s seriously that simple! And because it bakes so quickly, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time.
When it’s done, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. You want it to reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it’s fully cooked and safe to eat.
STEP 5: REST
Giving your chicken a little bit of rest before serving can go a long way. Cutting into it right away can cause it to lose its natural juices and tender texture. But if you let it rest for just 3 minutes, it will lock in those juices and be even more delicious.
So, take a few extra minutes to let your chicken rest before serving. You won’t regret it!
What can you serve with Tuscan Baked Chicken?
When it comes to serving Tuscan Baked Chicken, there are so many delicious options for sides! If you want to keep it more traditional, serve it a simple green salad and a tangy vinaigrette dressing. The fresh greens and bright flavors are the perfect complement to the savory chicken.
Roasted vegetables are another great choice. Try tossing some bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant with a drizzle of grapeseed oil and your favorite Italian seasonings. Then roast the veggies until they’re tender and caramelized.
If you’re looking for something heartier, you can add some garlic mashed potatoes, pasta, or rice. The creamy texture and rich flavor balance out the bold flavors of the chicken.
And of course, you can never go wrong with a side of crusty bread or garlic knots to soak up all that delicious Tuscan sauce.
There are so many tasty options! Just pick your favorite side dish and enjoy this delicious meal.
What can you do with leftover Tuscan baked chicken?
Tuscan Baked Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that’s perfect for dinner any night of the week. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser. But what do you do with the leftovers?
Don’t worry! There are plenty of ways to give it a second life and enjoy it all over again.
But before we dive into the ways to use up leftover chicken, let’s talk about storing it properly. Once the chicken has cooled down, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. If you want to store it for a longer period, freeze it for up to three to six months. Just remember to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before using.
Here are some delicious and easy ways to use your leftover chicken to make a tasty, new meal:
- Tuscan Chicken Pasta – Cook your pasta according to the package instructions. Toss it with sautéed garlic, cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, and your favorite sauce. Add the leftover chicken, and you have a delicious pasta dish.
- Tuscan Chicken Salad – Simply chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix it with some greens, like arugula or spinach, and veggies like tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions. Add some croutons, parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar for a tasty, filling meal.
- Tuscan Chicken Soup – Simply sauté some onions, garlic, and carrots in a pot, add broth, chopped tomatoes, and cannellini beans. Add the leftover chicken and let it simmer until the veggies are tender. Serve it with some crusty bread, and you have a satisfying meal.
There are so many ways to use leftover Tuscan Baked Chicken. Don’t let those leftovers go to waste! Enjoy another delicious meal.
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
TUSCAN Baked CHICKEN (30 Minute Meal)
Looking for a quick and delicious dinner? Tuscan Baked Chicken is the answer! This mouthwatering dish is not only bursting with flavor, but it’s also ready in just 30 minutes. So, whether you’re entertaining guests or enjoying a cozy night in, Tuscan Baked Chicken is sure to become a new favorite in your recipe arsenal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, salt, red pepper flakes, and pepper to make the Tuscan sauce.
- Place chicken on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Cover with adobo sauce.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- For more flavor, marinate your chicken for 30 minutes before baking.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 525.27kcal
- Sugar: 20.21g
- Sodium: 1147.06mg
- Fat: 21.22g
- Saturated Fat: 7.69g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.01g
- Trans Fat: 0.97g
- Carbohydrates: 43.41g
- Fiber: 3.43g
- Protein: 41.16g
- Cholesterol: 155.02mg
Keywords: baked chicken, 30 minute chicken recipe, easy baked chicken recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!