If you love big, tasty salads, Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad is all that and more. With warm quinoa served on a bed of spinach, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and covered with a light lemon dressing, this salad is sure to please.
Dinner time is one of my favourite times of the day. Everyone sits down together and just talks. There are no distractions, it’s just us. This is when I hear stories about my daughter’s day at school, my husband’s day at work, and watch my baby feed herself, getting more food on her face than in her mouth. It’s delicious in so many ways.
Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad is a quick meal to throw together. While the quinoa cooks on the counter, you can chop up the ingredients and before the kiddos can ask, “Is dinner ready?” the meal is done.
When a salad is filled with fruits, veggies, and quinoa, it’s a satisfying meal that you can enjoy any time of the day. Whether you have it for lunch or dinner, this jam-packed dish has it all. With creamy avocados, warm quinoa, juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and lightly cooked spinach, you have a healthy meal that is truly delicious. You can top Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad with chicken, fish, or simply enjoy it with warm quinoa.
When the hot quinoa is added to the salad, it lightly warms the spinach and cooks it in the serving bowl. You’ll love how the warm and cool parts of the salad mix together. Whether you mix it together or eat it layer by layer. Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad creates a wonderfully healthy meal.
With a light lemon dressing drizzled on top, each bite of this salad has a wonderfully refreshing flavour. The dressing is a healthy combination of lemon juice, water, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder. You won’t miss the oil in this dressing. Water perfectly thins the lemon flavour without adding unnecessary calories and fat.
Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad is perfect for a quick and easy meal at home or as an addition to large family gatherings.
Looking for the perfect dish to serve with Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad?
- Honey Mustard Salmon
- 10 Minute Marinara Sauce
- The Best Two Bite Brownies
- Apple Teriyaki Chicken
- Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Bites
Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad
Warm Avocado Quinoa Salad is a deliciously jam-packed salad, lightly warmed by freshly cooked quinoa. With spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado, green onions, parsley, and quinoa, it’s hard not to love this fresh salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- LEMON DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil vegetable stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. When the stock begins to boil, lower the temperature to simmer.
- Add quinoa, cover the saucepan and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, water, honey, Dijon mustard, salt and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, add spinach, half of the cucumbers, half of the tomatoes and green onions. When the quinoa is finished, add it to the bowl and top with remaining cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley and half of the avocados.
- Drizzle with lemon dressing. Gently mix. Top with remaining avocados.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love salad, you may also enjoy Avocado Mediterranean Salad
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE WARM AVOCADO QUINOA SALAD TO YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD AND RECIPE PINTEREST BOARD!