As you may know, my family loves chicken. With all of the new recipes I’ve been trying lately, this is hands down my husband’s favourite chicken recipe. What’s not to love? This Italian-inspired dish is tasty!
Tomato Baked Chicken tastes like a bruschetta chicken, but instead of placing the tomato mixture on bread, it’s on juicy chicken breasts. Yum! The combination of tomatoes, onions, and spices makes this one healthy and tasty chicken. In the picture below, you can see how everything cooks together.
I love one dish meals. There’s only one dish to clean and the flavours meld together while baking in the oven, making one amazing meal. In Tomato Baked Chicken, tomatoes, spices, and veggies bake together with the chicken, keeping it juicy and flavourful.
The icing on this tasty chicken meal – it’s ready in under 30 minutes. You’ve got to love a quick, tasty, and healthy dish! I definitely feel like a superstar every time I make this meal.
Tomato Baked Chicken
Looking for a healthy and satisfying meal? Tomato Baked Chicken is a delicious, veggie and fruit packed meal that the whole family can enjoy. It’s low fat, low sugar, and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. The best part – it’s truly tasty. Talk about one awesome chicken!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a baking dish, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, vegetable broth, rosemary, parsley, basil, and salt.
- Add chicken breasts to baking dish and cover with tomato mixture. (Optionally, refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken runs clear when cut.
Have you tried Tomato Baked Chicken? Do you think it tastes like bruschetta chicken? What’s your favourite way to prepare chicken?