Moist and lightly sweetened vanilla bread with bits of strawberries baked throughout.
Strawberry Bread tastes like summer in a loaf pan. Baked without a mixer, this quick bread is super simple to make. And it’s a great way to use fresh summer berries. Whether you go berry picking or buy them from the grocery store, Strawberry Bread is a tasty treat that you can enjoy any time of the year.
There’s nothing like freshly baked bread. With a soft, moist texture and bits of strawberry baked throughout, it’s hard to decide if this bread is breakfast, snack food, or dessert. Either way, Strawberry Bread is the perfect balance of fluffy bread with vanilla and fruit-flavoured sweetness.
Strawberry Bread is a healthy, super moist bread bursting with strawberry and vanilla flavour. The combination of apple sauce, Greek yogurt and milk perfectly replaces cream or oil that’s typically found in other fruity breads. Not only is this version healthier and lower fat, it has a deliciously moist texture that tastes like a dreamy combination of bread and cake.Print
Strawberry Bread makes a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. You can enjoy this moist and richly flavoured bread any time of the day. With the perfect balance of sweet strawberries and delicious bread, this quick bread can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 Loaf 1x
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped and tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Coat non-stick loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine yogurt, milk, apple sauce, egg whites and vanilla. Mix in strawberries covered with flour.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
If you love strawberries, you may also enjoy Skinny Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
If you love fresh bread, you may also enjoy Apple Beer Bread
Want to Remember this? Save Strawberry Bread to your favorite food and recipe Pinterest Board!