Naturally sweetened banana bread with bits of cranberries baked throughout.
There’s nothing like banana bread. With its soft, fluffy, banana flavoured batter and it’s lightly sweetened crust, it’s hard to decide if it’s breakfast food, snack fare, or dessert. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and ripened bananas, Cranberry Banana Bread is the perfect balance of fluffy bread and fruit flavoured sweetness.
Lately, I’ve been loving dried cranberries. With all the extra snacking I’ve been doing during this pregnancy, cranberries are quickly becoming one of my favourite treats. Whether they’re enjoyed with vanilla Greek yogurt, a fruity addition to a salad, or on their own, cranberries are always a tasty treat. With a combination of sweet and tart, these fruits add so much flavour to any meal, especially to Cranberry Banana Bread.
Cranberry Banana Bread is truly healthy. Made without butter, margarine, or oil, Cranberry Banana Bread is instead packed with fruit. The batter is made with three very ripe mashed bananas, apple sauce, maple syrup, milk, and dried cranberries. The extra fruit gives this banana bread a rich and moist texture that tastes like a dreamy combination of bread and cake.
Oozing with rich banana flavour and cranberries, you can’t help but fall in love with every bite of this healthy bread. With each bite, you can taste the sweetness of banana mixed with the gentle tart flavour of the cranberries. The combination of flavours, makes this bread a truly tasty treat.
Cranberry Banana Bread
Cranberry Banana Bread makes a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. As it bakes away, your house will be filled with the amazing smell of freshly baked sweet bread. Yum!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- 1 and 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Coat non-stick loaf pan (9 x 5) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, maple syrup, apple sauce, milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add to banana mixture. Mix in cranberries.
- Add to baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
If you love homemade bread, you may also enjoy Apple Beer Bread
If you love cranberries, you may also enjoy Cranberry Glazed Salmon
Have you tried Cranberry Banana Bread? What’s your favourite type of banana bread or homemade bread?