Fluffy and moist homemade vanilla cupcakes, perfect for any occasion.
Sometimes it feels like time flashes in the blink of an eye. That’s how I felt this weekend when my daughter turned three years old. I don’t know how it happened, but somehow my little baby turned into a full fledged toddler.
When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday, she said, “Cupcakes! Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes!” These treats are definitely that. With a light, fluffy and deliciously moist texture, these cupcakes are a real hit!
Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes are bursting with vanilla flavour. Each cupcake is made with a triple dose of vanilla – vanilla extract, fat free vanilla Greek yogurt and vanilla flavoured cream cheese frosting. Yum!
Ditch the boxed cake mix! Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes are literally a piece of cake to make. They taste so much better than the boxed varieties and they’re healthier. Made without butter or oil, these cupcakes are much lower in fat. But no one will taste the difference. Indulge in a cupcake without all the guilt.
Not only are these cupcakes delicious, they are simple for anyone to decorate. Top them with vanilla cream cheese icing or your favourite frosting. Then add some sprinkles or chocolate chips. Any way you decorate them, these cupcakes are a tasty delight.
Read all about my daughter’s second birthday cake, Angel Food Birthday Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.Print
Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes
Looking for the perfect party cupcake? Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes are a simple, tasty treat. With a light, moist batter, these cupcakes are a true delight. Customize them with your favourite frosting, sprinkles, or even chocolate chips!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 12 Cupcakes 1x
- VANILLA CUPCAKES INGREDIENTS
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt (substitute for fat free plain Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- VANILLA CREAM CHEESE ICING INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, combine milk, apple sauce, yogurt, egg whites and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to flour one. Mix to combine.
- Fill muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Evenly spoon batter into cupcake liner.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or toothpick comes out clean.
- To prepare the icing, combine cream cheese, sugar, and yogurt in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Decorate cupcakes with frosting, sprinkles, chocolate chips, marshmallows or any other toppings. Plate and enjoy!
If you love cake, you may also enjoy Warm Chocolate Cake for Two
What’s your favourite sweet treat? Do you enjoy Yummy Vanilla Cupcakes?