Rich and creamy pasta sauce made with avocado, basil and cottage cheese.
I absolutely love avocados. Whether they’re diced in a salad, sliced on a sandwich, or mashed into guacamole, avocados are always a hit with me. Creamy Avocado Pasta combines two of my biggest food loves – avocado and pasta. I can hear food angels sing every time I think of this dish. Ahhh!!
Imagine the perfect creamy pasta dish. It’s rich and delicious without an overwhelming buttery aftertaste. The sauce is packed full with avocados, basil, garlic, lemon, and cottage cheese. This full flavour sauce is lightly thinned with vegetable broth, which gives it an extra hint of creamy vegetable flavour.
I enjoy using spinach fettuccine with this recipe. It adds a little extra vegetable to the dish, which always feels like a win! And it amplifies the green colour of the sauce.
The sauce is so amazing if there is any leftover, it tastes great on bread or sandwiches. I’ve had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What can I say? When I love something, I really, really love it.
To help keep the sauce looking green and delicious for several days, spoon the leftovers into a container and press a piece of plastic wrap right on top. Make sure there is no air between the sauce and the plastic wrap. Then place a lid on top. This method helps keep the air away, which helps the sauce keep its green colour and amazing, fresh flavour.
Creamy Avocado Pasta
A delicious 30 minute pasta meal that is truly a crowd pleaser. This rich and creamy sauce is packed full with avocados, basil, garlic, lemon, and cottage cheese. If there is any sauce left over, it tastes amazing on bread and sandwiches.
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cups basil leaves, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine avocados, basil, garlic, lemon juice, cottage cheese, vegetable broth, and salt. Process until well combined.
- Transfer cooked pasta to serving bowl. Toss with avocado sauce. Top with tomatoes.
- Plate and enjoy!
If you love avocados, you may also enjoy Avocado Caesar Salad
Do you love avocados? Have you tried Creamy Avocado Pasta?