Rich, creamy, and covered in cheese, Creamy Cheesy Chicken is just so tasty. It’s a wonderful, mouth-watering 5-ingredients chicken recipe that you can enjoy any day of the week.
The truth is, weekdays can get really busy. When you’re juggling work, kids, and all of life’s to dos, you need a dinner that’s quick, easy, and delicious. And it needs to be something that pleases everyone’s tastebuds.
If you’re looking for a tasty meal that won’t take too long to make, this baked chicken recipe is for you! Creamy Cheesy Chicken is made with just a few simple ingredients, making it the perfect meal for busy weeknights when you’re short on time.
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
If making dinner feels like a chore, you need this guide. Learn the 3 simple steps to easy dinners plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
With only five ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Plus, the creamy and cheesy flavor is sure to make this a new family favorite. It’s so yummy, it will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
Taste aside, this simple baked chicken dish is seriously easy it is to make. Simply combine chicken breasts, sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and oregano, plus a little salt and pepper. That’s it! And then bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
You can serve it with a side of roasted vegetables, a salad, or even pasta. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or an evening of easy entertaining with friends or even your extended family.
Ingredients for Creamy Cheesy Chicken
Creamy Cheesy Chicken is the perfect balance of deliciously healthy chicken and pure comfort food. The creamy and cheesy coating melts in your mouth. The chicken itself is tender, juicy, and full of moisture and flavor.
Whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or a dinner party dish, Creamy Cheesy Chicken is sure to impress. And with only a handful of ingredients, you can have a truly delicious dinner in no time.
Let’s talk about each of the delicious ingredients in this baked chicken recipe with and it’s creamy cheesy sauce:
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Our helpful guide shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!
- Chicken breasts – This recipe is made with skinless and boneless chicken. But if you prefer another cut of chicken, you can make it that way. Just remember to adjust the cooking time. Chicken thighs take longer to cook than chicken breasts.
- Sour cream – Adding sour cream to baked chicken helps to keep it moist and tender. It also helps to balance the other ingredients in the dish, making this a truly satisfying meal.
- Parmesan cheese – This flavorful cheese adds a depth and richness to this healthy baked chicken dishes, making it even more satisfying.
- Garlic powder – With a strong and pungent flavor, garlic powder is delicious and nutritious.
- Oregano – With a unique flavor, oregano adds a depth and richness to baked chicken dishes.
- Salt and pepper – Easily adjust this seasoning to taste. Simply prepare the Creamy Cheesy Chicken sauce and give a taste before adding it to the chicken.
How to make Creamy Cheesy Chicken
Creamy Cheesy Chicken is a mouth-watering baked chicken recipe that’s loaded with flavor and texture. The combination of sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano, creates a deliciously creamy sauce that perfectly complements tender and juicy chicken.
With all of it’s delicious flavor, it’s hard to believe that it’s actually so easy to make. But you can make this dish in five simple steps.
STEP 1: PREHEAT OVEN TO 425°F (230°C)
If you don’t usually bake your chicken at 425°F – it is my favorite chicken trick! When chicken cooks at a higher temperature, it stays extra juicy and it gets dinner on to your even table even faster.
STEP 2: MAKE THE Creamy CHeesy SAUCE
The sauce for this recipe is made with only 4 ingredients. The last two ingredient, salt and pepper are household staples, so they are not included in the ingredients count.
When it comes to salt and pepper, you can always be adjusted to taste. Just remember to taste the sauce before adding it to the chicken.
To make the sauce, simply combine sour cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Give it a little stir and your sauce is done.
STEP 3: Cover THE CHICKEN
When you’re ready to bake the chicken, place it bottom side up on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. You want to start off placing the chicken upside down because you are going to be adding the sauce to the bottom first. This keeps the chicken extra moist and adds so much flavor.
Cover the bottom of the chicken with half of the sauce. Once it’s evenly covered, flip it over. And then cover the top of the chicken breast with the remaining sauce.
Finally, add the remaining parmesan cheese. This gives the chicken an even cheesier flavor, making it richer and even more delicious.
STEP 4: BAKE
Simply pop the Creamy Cheesy Chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. When it’s done, check the internal temperature using a meat thermometer.
Simply insert the meat thermometer’s needle into the thickest part of the chicken. Chicken is safe to eat when its internal temperature is 165°F (74°C).
STEP 5: REST
Before you serve the chicken, let it rest. If you cut into it right away, it will lose some of its tender texture and natural juices. Letting it rest for even 3 minutes before serving helps to lock in the moisture, so you end up with a delicious backed chicken dish.
And there you have it – a delicious and nutritious meal that’s ready in no time! Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, but it’s also incredibly versatile. You can switch up the sides, use another cut of chicken or even change the cheese – the possibilities are endless!
So, the next time you’re looking for something to make for dinner, give this recipe a try. It’s sure to become a family favorite.
And remember, even though life can get busy, it’s important to take a few minutes to sit down and enjoy a home-cooked meal with your loved ones. After all, there’s nothing quite like the taste of a meal made with love.
How to store leftover cooked chicken
Oh, leftovers! When you’re preparing dinner for a family, it can feel like a game of chance. Some days, everything goes and there’s nothing but crumbs left on the plate. Other days, it feels like you made way too much, because there is so much leftover.
Whether you’re preparing extra food to save. Or, there is just a lot left over, storing leftovers can be inevitable.
When it comes to storing leftovers, make sure that your chicken is fully cooked before storing it. The recommended internal temperature of chicken is 165°F (74°C).
Once the chicken has cooled down, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
If you plan on reheating it, you can use a microwave. Simply cover it with either a microwave-safe lid and heat your chicken until it is just heated through. You want to make sure that it is warm without overcooking and drying out your meal.
But, if you plan on storing the chicken for longer, it’s best to freeze it. To do this, simply store the chicken in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. And freeze for 3 to 6 months.
Ways to Use Leftover Baked Chicken
The best part about baking chicken breasts is that they are SO versatile. You can cook it one way and use the leftovers for something else. That’s two meals in one!
Some great ways to use leftover chicken are:
- In a salad: add your favorite salad ingredients, chop this chicken into cubes and add it in as some extra protien and flavor!
- With Vegetables: serve it with your favorite veggies. You can use broccoli, cauliflower, or cooked carrots.
- When a recipe needs chicken: add it to a stir fry, with rice, or even as a snack. Make some extra and have it on hand for future recipes and make preparing dinner even easier!
HUNGRY FOR MORE Quick & Easy RECIPES?
Creamy Cheesy Chicken
Rich, creamy, and covered in cheese, Creamy Cheesy Chicken is just so tasty. It’s a wonderful, mouth-watering chicken to enjoy any day of the weeks.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American/Canadian
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, ½ cup parmesan cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to make sauce.
- Place chicken bottom side up on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Cover with half of the sauce. Flip over and cover the top with the remaining sauce and top with ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake chicken for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook until an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Rest for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- Salt and pepper are not included in the count for 5 ingredients recipes.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 415.5kcal
- Sugar: 1.69g
- Sodium: 630.46mg
- Fat: 19.52g
- Saturated Fat: 8.96g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.08g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.76g
- Fiber: 0.25g
- Protein: 53.26g
- Cholesterol: 187.18mg
Keywords: baked chicken, 5 ingredients chicken recipe, easy baked chicken recipe
READY TO MAKE DINNER FASTER?
Make dinner a breezer with our helpful guide. It shares the 3 simple steps to making dinner easier, plus tasty recipes too. It's a game changer - get our FREE guide for a limited time!